Skills: Contracts Engineer, Estimating
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Horsham, United Kingdom
Provide leadership, management, supervision and guidance of the day to day activities for delivery of the Tendering and Estimating requirements. This scope will cover resourcing, estimating and proposals requirements, planning, development and implementation of improvements in systems and procedures and management of the function within the annual budget.
Ensure effective co-ordination of all tendering activities with delivery and support functions in accordance with all relevant Wood policies and procedures.
Ensure effective commercial handover to Project Management team on contract award.
Collaboration with post contract Commercial and Project Controls functions to develop, maintain and improve benchmarking capability leading to continuous improvement and enhanced margins.
- Ensuring effective management of the function in accordance with all relevant Wood policies and procedures
- Develop fit for purpose systems and procedures to aid the growth of the UKPS Business Line
- Chair and manage pricing reviews
- Develop a strong multi discipline estimating team (OHL, Cables, Civils, SubStation as appropriate to the business strategy)
- Lead on estimating a number of tenders per year
- Management of personnel development within the function
- Manage the tendering budget, forecasts and actual costs
- Ensuring effective post-contract commercial handover in accordance with Wood commercial policies and procedures.
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment and demonstrate correct HSSE behaviours and leadership.
- Effective communication and coordination with all major stakeholders (Pre Contract, Operations, Work Winning etc)
- Management of tendering resources.
- Ensuring that appropriate training and development provided for tendering personnel.
- Operate in accordance with Wood policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that estimating rates and prices are calculated in line with the UKPS business model and / or relevant frameworks and contract.
- Application of risk management process within each tendered opportunity.
- Create benchmarking data with the post contract commercial teams to enhance Woods competitiveness, continuous improvement and margin enhancement.
Skills / Qualifications
Th e Tendering Lead must have good communication skills, with the drive to lead in the delivery of WOOD core values, processes and procedures in an ethical manner. Have sound knowledge of tendering, estimating and commercial management processes and procedures.
- HNC / HND or equivalent in and Engineering or Quantity Surveying discipline
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experienced in similar transmission and distribution or civils industries
- Experienced in Tendering / Estimating roles
- Experience of direct client interface working
- Transmission and Distribution Experience
- Experience in portfolio / framework management roles
- Good experience in managing HSE and quality standards
- Possess the ability to communicate complex principles effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrate teamwork, respect, integrity, innovation and a customer focused approach.
- Results focused and can appreciate how their strategies impact the bigger picture.
- Ability to collaborate across multi-disciplines at all levels of the business with a practical, hands on approach
- Flexible to undertake varying work with changing priorities
- Commercial awareness and Business acumen
- Exudes energy, passion, optimism and commitment to doing great work
- Demonstrates an understanding of the company vision and strategy in what they say and do
- Is a champion for change. Looks for opportunities to try new things and encourages others to do the same. Has the courage to question the way things are done in the pursuit of excellence
- Encourages cooperation across all business units, regions and functions. Sharing ideas, learning and best practice
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.