Job Requirements Field Services Engineer - Mechanical (Turbomachinery & Process Solutions)
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.Join our innovating Field Services Team
Turbomachinery & Process Solutions (TPS) operates across 120 countries and serves the entire energy value-chain and industrial sector. We hold an extensive portfolio of rotating equipment, process flow, and transmission technology and lifecycle services. Our Instrument Control Engineering Team uses cutting-edge technology to design gas and steam turbines, compressors and expanders.Partner with the best
As a Field Service Engineer, you'll play a vital field-based role, travelling to customer sites, both onshore and offshore, across APAC region. You'll provide specialist installation and maintenance support. You'll perform hands-on work individually and as part of a Field Service Team.
As a Field Services Engineer - Mechanical (Turbomachinery & Process Solutions), you will be responsible for:
Work Experience Fuel your passion
- Performing all levels of maintenance, inspection, checks, testing and trouble-shooting on gas turbines, compressors and equipment.
- Acting as primary point of contact and trusted advisor to customers for timely and satisfactory resolution of concerns.
- Interfacing across customers, engineering and management teams to ensure site operations and maintenance activities aligned to technical requirements.
- Collaborating with co-workers and customers to provide technical guidance to solve complex technical problems.
- Providing customers and management with professional and timely report related to field services activities and equipment status.
- Ensuring all in-field activities carried out safely complying with quality, customers' and company HSE standards and procedures.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrate appropriate mechanical qualifications on industrial gas turbines and/or compressors.
- Show successful experience in maintenance, troubleshooting and fault-finding of industrial gas turbines, auxiliary systems and/or compressors.
- Display deep experience in gas turbine generator (GTG) mechanical system.
- Display a powerful customer service-orientation mindset, experienced leading customers through tough decisions.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, to convey technical concepts to customers, both internal and external.
- Enjoy travelling to customer locations, being flexible to customer demands and being available at a short notice.
- Be a motivated self-starter, proactively taking initiative to lead and solve problems with technical and analytical skills.
- Have awareness of Health, Safety and Environmental compliance and potential risks.
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.