Skills: Project Management, Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
We are seeking Civil Project Engineers/Project Managers with construction or project management experience in civil engineering and earthworks projects to join our Quebec team.
The candidate must be a registered Professional Engineer with the Ordre des ingenieurs du Quebec (OIQ) with a strong background in construction and civil projects. We are seeking a committed, detail-oriented individual who will be able to utilize their knowledge and experience, with a demonstrated ability to lead and grow a team of professionals performing engineering, construction and project management on behalf of our clients.
This is a great opportunity to be introduced to, and work on, large mining projects; we are keen to train and grow a strong team. Come and join our winning team!!
- Manage multidisciplinary mining-related construction projects, including geotechnical, civil, hydraulic and structural engineering specialties and ensure regular communications with our clients and other Wood client managers.
- Duties include supervising others assigned to your projects and directing the preparation of preliminary and detailed engineering design drawings. This may include, but is not limited to : budgeting, scheduling, overseeing staff on site, and other miscellaneous tasks required to support the projects. You may also be required to support detailed and preliminary designs by completing design calculations, quantity estimates, and cost estimates.
- Perform technical writing and review of proposals and project documents issued to clients
- Develop construction and engineering cost estimates
- Prepare reports and coordinate support activities
- Review findings and prepare recommendations
- Work as an integral team member in a multi-discipline environment
- Liaise with other technical disciplines including geotechnical, hydrology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, rock mechanics and environment
- Provide quality leadership and mentoring of junior technical staff
- Manage contractors and sub-consultants
- Manage projects in remote regions
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Geotechnical, Mining or Geological Engineering
- Will have between 5-10 years' experience in civil, geotechnical or related construction project experience
- Civil engineering and earthworks projects are highly desired; experience with mining projects and dam design is an asset
- Proven experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost forecasting is required
- Experience managing multiple construction-related projects simultaneously
- Must be Registered (or eligible to become registered) as a Professional Engineer with the Ordre des ingenieurs du Quebec (OIQ)
- Must have a Valid driver's license
- Must have an ASP Construction card
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both French and English
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to travel, domestic and international travel may be required
- Eligible to work in Canada, without sponsorship
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.