Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Project Control Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Review and understand all relevant documentation pertaining to the Project including scope of services, conditions of contract, Project execution plan, Project schedule and our scope of work. Verify and ensure completeness of the scope of work associated with the project.
- Prepare Project Control procedures suitable for the project.
- Develop Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) procedures for the project.
- Conduct interactive planning sessions with the client.
- Develop path of construction, CWAs and agree with the client.
- Develop EWP, PWP and CWPs on the project.
- Implement processes to plan and report by EWP / PWPs.
- Prepare progress / schedules and reports in line with AWP requirements.
- Define and agree the Planning requirements and reporting calendar with the client.
- Define and agree the Cost engineering requirements and reporting calendar with the client.
- Prepare activity plans to accomplish all work required by the procedures and to ensure sufficient manpower availability.
- Allocate work to Project Control engineers.
- Direct and control the work of Project Control engineers assigned to the Project.
- Supervise preparation and updating of schedules and disseminate schedule information to all concerned disciplines on the Project.
- Provide analysis for progress and productivity and suggest corrective actions.
- Identify and analyse deviations and trends against budgets, investigate such deviations with the relevant group and advise Project Manager of issues requiring corrective action.
- Coordinate Short term look ahead schedule meetings.
- Review procurement activities and recommend corrective actions to procurement department in case of any deviations from project plan.
- Ensure timely preparation and issue of reports as per the agreed reporting calendar.
- Assist in preparation of Project monthly and weekly reports.
- Make presentations on schedule related tasks to management and client.
- Facilitate change control on projects.
- Capture lessons learned on projects and document for future use.
- Provide assistance in project close out.
- Commit to and promote organization's values and ensure the realization of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of fifteen years' experience in major oil / gas projects.
- Must have an Engineering degree.
- Must have implemented AWP on at least three projects.
- Project experience with Exxon Mobil or other multinational clients.
- Must have experience in chemical, hydrocarbon, petrochemical and industrial plant development using EPC contracts
- Must be experienced in the use of Primavera Project Planner.
- Must be familiar with planning and scheduling of activities for all aspects of EPCC of major oil / gas plants
- Must have the ability to read and interpret contract terms, conditions and specifications, knowledge of quality control and assurance functions, methods of progress measurements and verification.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.