Skills: Risk Management
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Project management - oversee all aspects of projects
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize the progress of the project.
- Prepare reports for upper the Chief Compliance Officer regarding the status of the project.
- Confer with colleagues on how to recognize compliance risks and implement mitigation strategies (including providing standard contract provisions, and providing guidance on how to make risk-based decisions in contracting, labor and employment, etc.).
- Audit and assess risk mitigation strategies with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Continuously improve the Company's compliance infrastructure through collaborating with other functions to enhance internal controls, processes, and systems.
- Identify ways to add value for the Company and our customers through strengthening the compliance program, and manage costs through mitigating compliance and legal risks.
- Creatively identify opportunities to eliminate inefficiencies, redundancies, and distractions that could interfere with customers achieving safe, efficient, and profitable operations.
- Guide client groups in navigating Legal & Compliance standards, processes, and programs.
- Promote conduct and culture that fosters innovative, reliable, and efficient operations and support the Company's operations, strategic goals, and commercial initiatives as a subject-matter expert on compliance matters.
- Promote a disciplined and systematic approach to risk management, including by:
- Track and identify trends in key performance indicators in furtherance of the Company's compliance goals and priorities.
- Support and promote good communication and coordination among Company management, members of the Legal & Compliance department, other support functions and departments, and business units and divisions.
- Demonstrate commitment to a high standard of ethics and compliance and be willing and able to demand compliance with all compliance laws, regulations, and company's compliance standards and procedures.
- Participate in the global compliance risk assessment process and risk-based reviews.
- Maintain a solid understanding of relevant businesses and local business activities, including applicable laws and regulations, and work with the Chief Compliance Officer to ensure collaboration with business functions and to manage requests and deadlines.
- Assist with effective risk mitigation related to Company relationships with business partners.
- Assists with audits and the audit process
- Perform Know Your Project (KYP) work
- Perform screenings
- At all times maintain the confidentiality and/or privilege of departmental information
- Assist with third-party due diligence reviews, including collecting questionnaires, screening parties, and researching suppliers
- Manage the delivery and collection of three different annual compliance questionnaires, including maintaining up-to-date databases
- Maintain the Compliance Department's intranet website and files
- Learn, adhere to processes to better streamline due diligence reviews, including creating surveys and collecting responses
- Assist with assessment and management of actual or potential conflicts of interest
- When required, assist with or conduct compliance-related merger and acquisitions (M&A) due diligence and execute integration activities in countries of responsibility, as needed
- Draft compliance-related reports as may be needed from time to time or as required by the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Ensure an effective speak-up culture related to reporting violations and concerns and utilize the case management system to lead and/or support investigations.
- Perform risk-based due diligence on third parties and execute on initiatives designed to improve appropriate, risk-based third-party procedures.
- Assist with ensuring that sanctions screening processes are followed and meet requirements imposed by the Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC") of the US Department of the Treasury.
- Assists with ensuring an effective OFAC sanctions program
- Assists with ensuring all the hallmarks of an effective FCPA program
- Manage programs, training materials, create PowerPoints and communication campaigns with a focus on various compliance topics, including but not limited to gifts, sponsorships, donations, conflicts of interest, etc., and oversee the tracking of employee compliance training attendance.
- Work effectively on projects with colleagues, peers, team members, and other relevant stakeholders across a variety of cultures globally.
- Work on ESG initiatives and act as a project manager for ESG, including tracking, collecting, chasing information, and following up with employees for status updates and to retrieve data, gathering material, and collating data. Create ESG slide decks, charts, graphs and implement a visualization tool for ESG
- Perform data analytics
- Continuous Improvement: Periodic Testing and Review.
- Support internal controls and the internal control framework
- Perform additional duties, responsibilities, and special projects as may be directed
- Bachelor's degree or other equivalent degree required
- Project management certificate, course, or professional training
- Training or courses on data analytics
- Must have 4+ years of project management experience.
- Must have 4+ years of project management experience.
- Have experience with Gantt Charts, Visualizations and other project management software and applications
- Highly organized and structured
- Experience with systems, cloud-based tools, and applications
- Experience with data analytics, including using data analytics tools
- Experience with excel and using charts and graphs
- PowerPoint experience
- Willingness and aptitude to learn about investigations and compliance-related due diligence and compliance with the anti-corruption laws and sanctions requirements
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and develop and retain positive relationships with management, employees in functional and operational roles, customers, peers, colleagues, team members, and suppliers.
- Must be very effective at making presentations to clients (both internally and externally).
- Must possess excellent business and analytical skills and ethical judgment.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks effectively and effectively elicit support for various staff functions.
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, and technologically savvy with experience working with systems and others applications.
- Must have experience working in international environments, including strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness and experience in developing communications to a multicultural employee base in support of compliance and ethics.
- Must be team-oriented and able to manage projects, including an ability to work with other stakeholders cross-functionally on projects.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally, often on short notice, and be willing to travel up to 30% (10% domestic and 20% international).
- Must have a commercial judgment in understanding and supporting the delivery of strategic, commercial goals with an ability to offer creative solutions to problems and issues in a pragmatic manner and compliant way.
- Must be able to manage effectively outside consultants where required.
- Must be fluent in English. Fluency in Arabic, Russian, French, and/or Spanish preferred but not required.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.