Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
About Eni Australia
Eni is one of the world's largest integrated energy companies, with more than 31,000 people globally and operations in 66 countries.
Our activities span across natural gas exploration and production, international gas transportation and marketing, power generation, renewable energy, biofuels, forestry, with strategic focus on sustainable investment and development goals, including growth through our renewable activities.
In Australia, Eni's well-established activities are exploration and production in offshore Australia and Timor-Leste, along with renewable solar farm projects in the Northern Territory. Eni's Australian head office is in Perth, with associated offices in Darwin and Dili, Timor-Leste. Eni global headquarters is in Milan and Rome, Italy.
About the role:
Key job responsibilities include:
- Legal Counsel for the exploration, development and operational activities of the Company.
- Advice and assistance on a wide range of commercial documents and agreements, including joint venture project agreements, production sharing contracts, gas sale agreements, power purchase agreements, EPC contracts, land agreements, supply and service contracts, company project approvals.
- Advice and assistance on Australian renewable projects and activities.
- Advice and assistance on Australian and Timor-Leste legal matters.
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts in a lead role.
- In non-operated joint ventures and production sharing contracts, advise on joint venture matters, production sharing contracts and statutory requirements.
- Legal advice and support to the Company on HSE, business development, renewables and procurement matters.
- Legal support on corporate governance and company secretarial matters related to Eni Australian business units.
- Communications with internal clients, co-venturers, Government, contractors and other third-party stakeholders.
- Monitor and advise on compliance with applicable statutory and contractual obligations.
- Advice and assistance on Eni Group internal policies and directives, including compliance matters and reporting to Eni headquarters, Milan, Italy.
- Under the direction of the Legal Manager, liaise with external legal advisors.
To be successfully considered for the role, candidates will possess the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- Law degree from an Australian University or equivalent from non-Australian Tertiary Institution.
- Admission or eligible to practice in Australia.
- 2 to 5 years' Post Admission Qualification.
- Strong contracts, commercial and resource/energy law knowledge, and experience.
- Excellent commercial drafting skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in resources/energy industry, either in private practice or in-house, desirable.
- Experience in procurement, construction law and renewable projects desirable.
- Experience in corporate governance and company secretarial work desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact and communicate with Eni internal clients and diverse range of external stakeholders, including joint venture partners, government bodies, contractors and other third parties.
- Demonstrated cultural competencies.
- Self-motivation, ability to work in a team and engage with diverse range of key stakeholders.
Permanent Employment Contract
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.
Together we have greater energy
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.