Skills: Barge Master
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Barge Master, on a permanent staff basis, location Offshore.
Reporting to the Offshore Installation Manager (OIM), the Barge Master will lead a team to ensure the installations satiation keeping, vessel stability during loading/offloading operations and associated marine activities.
- Have sufficient understanding of process safety and major accident hazard management to be able to effectively contribute and influence business decisions impacting on process safety.
- Commitment to incident free operations.
- Where appropriate, position to provide input to major accident hazard management, in particular the prevention, detection, control, mitigation and response to major accidents.
- Ensuring all marine and deck activities are conducted in a manner that protects the health, safety, environment and welfare of the people and assets of the installation.
- Ensuring work programs are executed in a safe, competent and timely manner, are correctly prioritised and resourced (manpower and equipment) and optimised within the overall workload on the installation, to meet asset business goals and objectives.
- Build effective working relationships with other departments and shifts.
- Responsibility for heading control and/or station keeping.
- Management and effective operation of cargo storage and export, ballast control, and power management systems, and be able to demonstrate compliance with the asset assurance & verification scheme elements under their authority.
- Responsible for Lifting and Rigging operations, including maintenance and certification of equipment and appliances and planning and risk assessments of tasks.
- Responsibility as department head for ensuring that all operational & first-line maintenance activities strictly adhere to safe system of work, all contractors and vendors are adequately supervised and time managed.
- Responsibility for installation safety systems which provide the means of evacuation and/or escape, and to ensure helicopter systems & lifesaving appliances are at optimum readiness.
- Supervise, coach and support direct reports in a professional manner.
- Responsible for controlling costs within scope of responsibility.
- In cooperation with the other installation departments and onshore support, is jointly responsible for ensuring that the marine systems, structure & moorings are inspected and maintained to Class, Flag State and Company Verification standards.
- Contribute to identifying and agreeing the work programs and budgets for the following Years.
- As part of the Asset team, responsible for delivering:
- Continuous performance improvement for the facility
- Optimisation of offshore crew
- Cross facility assistance
- Management of contractors onboard
- Recommend changes to equipment and assurance routines to improve performance, efficiency, costs management and productivity.
- Comply with Company procedures and ensure a full and comprehensive handover.
- Commit to Competence Assurance System and undertake any training and assessment activities as appropriate to the role.
Key knowledge and experience
- Significant industry experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to create positive relations to peers and stakeholders internally and externally.
Education and Qualifications
- STCW Reg II/2 (Chief Mate) and experience in an FPSO supervisory position.
- Preferably Masters Certificate of Competency
- Tanker Endorsement (Oil)