Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
- Develop and execute comprehensive employee communications and change management plans/campaigns
- Plan and execute internal events such as town hall meetings and professional development days
- Support external and reputation-building communication activities including speaking events, social media outreach and media requests.
- Counsel leaders on contemporary communications techniques and identify the best channels to communicate to audiences as well as demonstrate measures of success for such programs
- Develop and/or serve as lead writer for a broad range of communications such as publications, briefings, speeches, presentations, announcements, etc. for use with both internal and external audiences in support of business strategy
- Drive storytelling for key activities, such as industry partnerships, awards, and milestones
- Maintain digital calendar for activities and communications aimed at various internal/external audiences
- Partner with Global Communications HQ, product companies, and regions to oversee tactical delivery of activities/campaigns
- Drive the continuous modernization of communications via digital, mobile, broadcast, online, print, and in-person channels to encourage two-way dialogue between employees and leadership
- Continuously monitor, measure, and evaluate the effectiveness of communication efforts
- Excellent speaking and writing skills (English)
- Bachelor's degree in a communications discipline from an accredited university or college
- Minimum 7 years of experience in communications
- Experience in internal and external communications in a global, matrixed organization
- Experience successfully influencing stakeholders and teams
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills with the ability to conceptualize, structure, write, and present compelling stories for a wide range of audiences
- Ability to work well with different cultures and build and foster a network with many constituents at all levels and in a matrix organization
- Clear thinker with ability to translate business goals into meaningful employee communications
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects while maintaining a high quality of work
- Broad knowledge of print, video, and digital media technologies; graphic design capabilities would be an asset
- Understands the need and usage of qualitative and quantitative campaign reporting metrics and quickly adopts learning within the area
- Ability to absorb, digest and distil technical subject matter into clear and concise content for communications, briefings etc.
- Self-starter with a drive to find compelling stories in odd places
- Ability to see and drive change
- Able to effectively manage multiple, simultaneous priorities
- Highly inclusive, strong collaborator and team player
- Excellent business acumen and executive presence
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.