Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Wood is actively recruiting individuals for the following offshore position:
Rigger - Adhoc
This position will require you to travel to offshore Newfoundland and Labrador via helicopter or supply vessel. Individuals must be comfortable working in remote locations, confined spaces, and heights.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Safe execution of work in accordance to agreed guidance documents (i.e. work packs, work instructions, procedures) and governing specifications.
- Ensure that safe rigging practices are used during the movement of loads including risk assessment, proper lift planning and equipment selection.
- Monitor rigging materials and highlight any overages/shortages to Offshore Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensure all rigging equipment is in fit-for-purpose condition (i.e. pre and post use) and quarantine any defective materials.
- Must be conversant with relevant rigging standards, specifications, rules, regulations etc. including Permit to Work (PTW).
Skills / Qualifications
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Interprovincial Boilermaker / Iron Worker or Journeyperson's certificate. Any equivalent combination of experience and / or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may also be considered.
- Must have successfully completed Rigging Training as outlined in CAPP from a recognized training institution.
- Must have a basic understanding of the construction (i.e. wire rope, nylon, chain), inspection, maintenance and selection of lifting equipment, including limitations and safety issues associated with the material.
- Must be familiar with the safe use of mechanical handling equipment (i.e. chain hoists, tirfors, hydraulic jacks, etc.) used in an offshore construction environment.
- Strong working knowledge of industrial rigging practices and equipment.
For this position, the following training/certifications would be considered an asset:
- Basic Survival Training (BST) including HUET and HUEBA.
- Advanced Offshore Rigging: Stage 1 or 2
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H 2 S) Alive.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS 2015).
- Offshore Safety Regulatory Awareness
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Emergency First Aid
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.