Skills: Contracts Administration
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Gogama, Ontario, Canada
Wood currently has an opportunity for Senior Contracts Administrator to join our Mining & Minerals business in Oakville. Functionally reporting to the Manager, Supply Chain and the project Contracts Manager and working alongside other team members, this position will be based at the construction site near Gogama, ON. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast pace environment, this opportunity is for you. This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
The Senior Contract Administrator is part of the project supply chain team specializing on the management of large construction and service contracts for the gold mining project in Northern Ontario. Senior Contract Administrator is responsible for all the post award contracting activities from kick-off meeting to close-out and handover of the project.
- Managing, coordinating and administrating contracts to ensure cost and schedule compliance.
- Managing the contract change order process for in or out of scope items.
- Developing and maintaining construction progress activities utilizing the company's in house proprietary management system.
- Assisting with input to monthly project reports for construction progress and status of contracts
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 8-15 years of contracts administration within EPC/EPCM projects; preferably with experience on heavy industrial projects within a construction environment, preferably in remote or international locations.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in engineering, quantity surveying, or a recognized business program
- Familiarity with the formation of construction contracts including service and consultant agreements/contracts
- Ability to manage and administer pre and post award construction contracts.
- Familiar with Unit Price T&M and Lump Sum contracts.
- Ability to breakdown contract Schedule "A's" into a framework to be used as a progress construction monitoring tool.
- Familiar with Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and their application when developing/using progress monitoring.
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office applications, SharePoint, Electronic Project Management Systems, including data base manipulation
- Preference will be given to applicants currently residing in Ontario
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.