Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrument Engineer with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry to provide support to our Client in the execution of projects.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities;
- Responsible for the design of all instrumentation on assigned projects
- Responsible for preparation of project related specifications and standards.
- Prepare material requisition index for instrument work,
- Check the drawing index for instrumentation drawings
- Prepare general notes requisitions for instrumentation
- Review flowsheets for correctness in respect of instrumentation
- Prepare a project instrument index in accordance with the flowsheets
- Design and requisition instrumentation This includes instrument size and protection methodology calculations and verification checks
- Assist the designers with the preparation of instrumentation drawings.
- Knowledge of control and safety system (DCS, ESD,PLC)
- Preparation of DCS and ESD contract requisitions.
- Review all instrumentation drawings and ensure that the quality of design and drawings produced for enquiry and fabrication purposes is of satisfactory standard
- Prepare technical bid analysis for instrumentation
- Attend coordination meetings and engineering review meetings with supplier as required
- Review document requirements and issue dates for major equipment with suppliers and assist Procurement Department in compiling a Supplier's Document Index
- Assist Procurement Department with the expediting of supplier documents
- Review and approve supplier documents for instrumentation and distribute
- Give guidance to client, project engineers, other specialist engineers and inspectors on Instrumentation engineering matters Review instrumentation aspects of package unit supplier's drawings as requested by the engineer responsible for the equipment
- Advise the Chief Instrument Engineer of any slippages and their causes and proposed corrective action
- Advise the Chief Instrument Engineer of any technical problems and unresolved differences with other groups
- Co-ordinate with Procurement Department and ensure certified drawings are available in time to meet the engineering schedules
- Notify the Project Engineer of all deficiencies in the flow of data or other basic information required for execution of work
- Assist the Lead / Principal Instrument Engineer with the progress reports
- Follow up instrumentation construction work on project sites to ensure correct interpretation of designs regarding installation Resolve any Instrumentation problems arising during commissioning
- Keep abreast of development in the instrumentation engineering field
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency, costs and service in the execution of projects
- Assist where necessary in the compilation of operating manuals and mechanical catalogues
- Perform such duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Chief Instrumentation Engineer
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc, BEng, BTech
- In-Tools 60 or Higher
- 2 Years minimum experience
- Initiative - Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity Identifies issues in a constructive manner and recommends solutions Uses innovative and novel approaches to find solutions
- Change and Adaptability - Gains awareness for, and an understanding of, the position of stakeholders Readily adapts to changing circumstances
- Interpersonal Communications - Actively listens and seeks to understand others' points of view Communicates openly and honestly to all levels of the organization Expresses ideas and exchanges information clearly and persuasively
- Problem Solving - Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity Identifies issues in a constructive manner and recommends solutions Uses innovative and novel approaches to find solutions
- Planning, Organising & Execution Prioritizes and plans work activities Uses time efficiently
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.