Skills: Construction Manager, Materials Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basra, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for Site Lead Engineer to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on 6/6 weeks off rotation.
- Manage the Construction Field activities on site, with responsibility for several direct reports including Project Engineers, Construction Engineers Turnover Engineers, Material Engineers and the Quality Engineers
- Manage and maintain the field engineering office on site, capable of handling all engineering matters, drawings, specifications, field requisitions, as built drawings, etc. for a single area site
- Set up, manage and maintain the site material control system to ensure that materials are received, stored and issued to the contractors and client in a coordinated and timely manner, with due regard for the preservation and maintenance of the materials
- Provide engineering expertise to field construction for permanent and temporary works, ensuring that the work is completed safely (HAZCON), efficiently (Constructability) and to quality (Site Quality Plan) in accordance with the applicable specifications and in line with accepted engineering practices
- Verify the scope of work is completed and handed over to the Client / Operator in a defined, timely and systematic process
- Provide constructability input to design and execution processes
- Provide input to the construction execution strategy, contracting strategy and milestone planning
- Ensure that all Field Engineering activities (including construction engineering for both temporary and permanent works) are carried out in accordance with agreed engineering practices and procedures and with due consideration for the safety aspects of each operation
- Ensure that the Completion and Handover procedures are agreed with the Client and that the quality records for the work are progressively accumulated, indexed and available to support a phased systematic acceptance and handover of the plant to the Client / Operator.
Skills / Qualifications
- The ideal candidate should have at least 15 years of work experience in the oil and gas industry
- Proven working knowledge of Heavy Lifts, Construction Engineering, Quality Control and Materials
- Previous Iraq experience is essential
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.