Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Planning Engineer2 with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- To provide a planning/scheduling service (in accordance with contract execution procedures) to both project and corporate management for home office and external (i.e. field) activities.
- Allocated projects are provided with the necessary set of planning documents appropriate for the size and phase of the project, including schedules/program, planning and progress procedure, Schedule Basis Memorandum etc. Documents are consistent in format and appearance.
- For allocated projects, planning documents comply with the contract requirements, and corporate or project specific procedures and are issued through WebDMS.
- For allocated projects, planning and progress monitoring tools (preferably standard tools WebDMS, CMS) are in place and updated in accordance with the project cut off and reporting requirements.
- For allocated projects, all planning reports and deliverables are accurate and issued on time. Where necessary these are accompanied by a narrative to explain changes and movement within the program. Progress measurement is traceable between the prepress measurement system and schedule/programme.
- For allocated projects, the current forecast of total key quantities is maintained. Key planning and duration statistics of the project has been populated into the Project Statistics Database on an ongoing basis, both budget/original plan and actual.
- Claims for extension of time are developed using detailed analysis of available data, and are accompanied by schedules/programmes that definitively prove valid claims to extension of time in accordance with the contractual framework of the project.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Understand all relevant documentation pertaining to the project including scope of services, conditions of contract, project execution plan, project schedule, etc.
- Work within standard project planning / scheduling procedures. Ensure that these procedures comply with contractual reporting requirements and, if not, modify accordingly
- Prepare activity plans to accomplish all work required by the procedures
- Liaise with client project control personnel as necessary
- Prepare and issue of: overall project schedule, project network, manpower projection plan, critical equipment lists / schedules, progress 's' curves and tabulations, man-hour / manpower histograms, short term look ahead schedules and, monthly progress report including narrative
- Ensure that all involved parties participate in preparation of items described in item 5 and that they agree to their respective elements and approve documents where necessary
- Produce current physical progress reports and final job statistics
- Prepare and issue project action reports (monthly) to Project Manager
- Maintain accurate schedule and control curves in an updated condition and prepare forecasts of trends
- Act as a sponsor to trainees when nominated, regularly review their progress and make periodic reports to the Chief Planning Engineer
- Perform any other functions as directed by the Project Controls Manager
Skills / Qualifications
- National Diploma in Engineering or equivalent, or sufficient relevant experience over and above that stated below, in lieu of qualification requirements
- BSC Engineering Degree.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years industry experience.
- Minimum 3 years planning experience.
- Competent/proficient user of MS Excel, MS Access, and MS Word, MS Projects and Primavera software.
- Advanced user of MS Excel, MS Access,
- Exposure to dealing with contractors and vendors and dealing with extension of time claims.
- Capable of working independently and making decisions.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Work well within a team environment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.