Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure's core competencies are in environmental assessments, health and environmental risk assessment, environmental geology (site investigation), remediation engineering, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, infrastructure engineering, and testing, and water resource services.
We are seeking a Program Assistant to support a hazardous materials asset management program for a large electric utility client. The position is to assist in tracking assets containing asbestos, and associated program data, working with a program coordinator and our client project managers, engineers and occupational health and safety specialists. The position requires retrieving data from various client databases, civil and electrical drawings, and GIS systems to support program tracking and planning. The position requires attention to detail, strong organizational skills, ability to manage repetitive tasks, and creativity in problem solving. Some site visits may be required to electrical transmission and distribution facilities. If you have a successful track record of project coordination and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this opportunity is for you.
Your responsibilities may include but will not necessarily be limited to:
- Compiling, verifying and controlling asset data from multiple sources.
- Performing quality control on data and data updates.
- Assisting in preparation of work orders for surveys, abatement, and other field work.
- Tracking issues, progress, inquiries and reporting related to the underground lines asbestos program.
- Developing templates and tools to facilitate tracking and reporting where necessary.
- Assisting in maintaining program records, including coordinating data updates in our client's asset management databases as required.
- Developing and reporting on performance metrics to the client Project Manager.
- Attending project meetings with the project team and client Project Manager to review the program, issues identified and actions to improve the program.
- Providing support to the client Asbestos Helpdesk related to the underground lines program.
- Performing desktop reviewed on various types of underground distribution system assets.
- Supporting the client project manager to conduct field survey pilot programs.
- Networking with internal and external clients to develop work opportunities.
Skills / Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment interacting with multiple client managers and staff.
- Attention to details and ability to work on repetitive tasks producing consistent high-quality products.
- Strong computer skills, including strong Excel skills and the ability to program in Visual Basic to efficiently extract and organize data from a variety of sources. Experience with managing data from GIS systems is considered a plus.
- 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience supporting asset management programs. Experience with Hazardous Materials, Occupational Hygiene and/or Environmental Health and Safety field considered a plus.
- Post-secondary technical certificate or degree. Bachelor of Science or Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety, or related discipline preferred.
- Working towards professional certification, such as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng./EIT), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Registered Safety Professional (e.g., CRSP) is a plus.
- Experience with power utility systems, transmission, and distribution systems in particular, is an asset.
- Experience in the Consulting industry is a definite asset.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to technical excellence.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills, with the ability to adapt and work in a team environment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.