Posted: Jun 17, 2021
Posted: Jun 17, 2021
Skills: Operations Management, Plant Operations Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Opeations Readiness, Senior Consultant with extensive experience defining, planning and implementing Operations Readiness and Assurance programs within Upstream oil & gas industry and Downstream Refining industry sectors.
We are looking for highly motivated Operations Readiness professionals with the ability to lead and manage multiple complex projects across multiple locations and timezones. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to work with customers in an consulting environment to define Operations Readiness program through the execution of these programs.
Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple work streams whilst ensuring all schedule, cost and quality objectives are achieved. With proven subject matter expertise in change and stakeholder management and able to communicate and engage confidently at all levels within the organization. Experienced in the delivery of management systems within an Operations Readiness and Assurance environment.
Main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Lead a team of Operations Readiness practitioners in a contracting environment
- Act the primary Wood focal point in determining client scope through to delivery in a project start-up environment.
- Understanding of Opeations Readiness programs from an owners perspective within a capital project environment
- Develop Operations Readiness plans from a high level concept level of detail through to a level 4 or 5 executable plan.
- Strong consultation and client facilitation skills
- Development of Quality Plan and manage ongoing assurance activities
- Manage ongoing costs ensuring visibility, adherence and control of project budget
- Development and update of Project schedules and resource plans
- Carry out detailed risk assessments and develop risk management plans
- Carry out stakeholder analysis and develop stakeholder management plans
- Develop and manage effective project communication using a variety written and verbal methods
- Develop and issue project reports providing detail of progress against key metrics and performance indicators
- Manage and motivate project teams ensuring requisite levels of technical capability and performance at all times
- Support the Business Development function with identifying and pursuing leads for Operations Readiness projects
- Support the Business Development function with the development of cost estimates and proposals for new work
Skills / Qualifications
- Possess a recognized Technical/Engineering qualification
- Project/Program Management experience gained in a contracting environment with a demonstrable track-record of strong performance management
- Strong working knowledge of Operations Management Systems
- 5 years experience in establishing Operations Readiness scope boundaries witin a capital project
- Demonstrated experience as a change maker within Operations Readiness projects.
- Good working knowledge of large Oil & Gas projects
- Strong operational experience built, in the Oil & Gas sector, either in the Maintenance or Production Operations
- Knowledge of: Oil and Gas industry in North America, as well as of delivery of management systems in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Experience of: Working for an SME or Consultative type organisation and managing technical delivery teams, focused on execution to budget, schedule and at required levels of Quality
- Results orientated and focused in the execution of predefined objectives
- Experienced in the leadership and management of skilled workers/subject matter experts
- Experienced in change management, preferably in the oil & gas sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrable strength in communication skills, especially when client facing
- Capable of keeping a firm grip on the project/program work whilst demonstrating high levels of integrity and a constructive attitude
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.