Skills: Plant Operations Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for an Operations Readiness Consultant for engagement in Operations Readiness Projects from the point of concept through to handover of deliverables as start-up. We are seeking personnel who have experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Successful candidates will lead scalable operations readiness programs from definition in a consulting phase through leading a small teams for defined projects. The position will lead Operations Readiness practitioners as well as multi discipline SME's with our clients and sub-contractor orgamizations. Successful candidates will lead initiative from beginning to end; customer and stakeholder management, scope definition, program development, planning, organization, resources, execution, assurance, close out and capturing of lessons learned, as a subject matter expert or in delivering a specific theme within the program.
- Provide operational requirements for design and assist in resolving design/operation differences with the design engineering team through
- Actively engaging and influence design team by
- Attending design meetings
- Promoting best practices and lesson learnt from past project or operating experiences
- Providing Operations and Maintenance practicality to design proposals and arrangements
- Provide operational/maintenance review of all equipment specification and data sheets to validate Operational requirements are met:
- Sparing requirements
- Isolation requirements
- Spare parts requirements
- Specific training
- Pressure ratings
- HFE Standards
- Ensure OR&A participation in TQs SQs & Management of Change (MoC) proposals
- Develop, review and/or approve pertinent project procedure
- Startup, Operating, Maintenance, System Check-out Procedures, etc.
- Utilize Performance Agreement between Operations and other disciplines to ensure clarity and accountability for shared work products
- Understand and utilize the assurance and control frameworks
- Ensure a forum for documenting, filing, and communicate design decisions, with Operations concurrence
- Document and share flaws and lessons learned for future projects
- Represent OR in Project HSE Studies & Reviews e.g. participate in HAZOPS, Audits, PSUA and actively bring closure to action items and closure document actions taken
- Ensure timely completion of OR assigned action items
- Utilize other OR staff to validate and get feedback on your OR activities
- Provide opportunity and maintain interface management with other OR personnel and other project disciplines
- Established network with OR practitioners
- Responsible for leading, managing and maintaining plans schedules for Project and other OR deliveries
- Implementing Quality Project Delivery for "right first time" start up, identifying and mitigating issues that could lead to delays and unnecessary project and operations costs
- Implementing Project to Asset Handover strategy, to define the project deliverables required for handover of the asset and to ensure that the operations have the capability to operate and maintain the asset from the moment of handover
Skills / Qualifications
- Have been involved in operations consultancy projects, with proven experience in the definition of Operations Readiness deliverables.
- Understand operational readiness program and objectives from a client/owner perspective.
- At least 3 years supervisory experience in an operations environment
- Minimum 5 years oil and gas industry experience
- Working knowledge of operations readiness requirements
- 4 year degree in an engineering discipline (preferably chemical engineering)
- Ability to produce reports
- A working knowledge of the oil and gas industry with experience in downstream or upstream operations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.