Skills: Reliability Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
The Wood Operations Management Solutions (OMS) business in Houston has seen a large increase in reliabilty consultancy awards and is looking add a a Senior Reliability Consultant to the leadership team. This position will cover support of projects in Canada, North America and South America.
This is an opportunity to support support operations in multiple phase from high-level engineering design, opeations readiness reliabilty support and consultancy reliability deliverables in operations.
The Senior Reliability Consultant will be part of a multidisciplinary team working on major engineering projects, as well as smaller Reliability and Integrity Management programs for operating facilities.
Key Responsibilities :
- Lead reliability facilitation studies as part of an integrated client organization.
- Lead a small team of reliability engineers for mutliple or large project intiatives.
- Provide support to engineering projects and operations/maintenance teams by identifying technical risks and developing reliability studies for offshore and onshore O&G production and processing systems;
- Develop reliability engineering studies to specific project requirements, including:
- Failure Mode and Effect analysis (FMECA's);
- Bow-Tie Analysis; Reliability, Availability and Maintainability analysis (RAM's);
- Technical Risk Categorization (TRC);
- Technology Readiness Level Assessment (TRL);
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF);
- Life Cycle Cost (LCC); as well as other methodologies and techniques related to Reliability Analysis and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM);
- Determine asset availability forecasting using applicable software;
- Produce asset Reliability Performance reports and work with failure investigation teams (RCA)
- Support to Engineering Project and Maintenance teams on critical sparing;
- Develop technical reports and present technical results to clients;
- Liaise with other disciplines for applicable engineering interfaces;
- Support the growth and development of the Reliability Engineering business area.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Engineering (in Mechanical or Maintenance) Degree required; Master's level degree (Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering) an asset
- Minimum of 4-years professional experience developing reliability studies for industrial clients
- Minimum of 4 years experience developing FMECA, RCM, TRC, TRL, RAM, MTBF and LCC studies, as applied Oil and gas production and processing systems;
- Experience in RCM2 methodologies is essential
- Certified in CMRP and Aladon Network qualifications is an advantage
- Must have knowledge of O&G production and processing equipment
- Must have experience with RCFA and risk reduction initiatives associated with field failures;
- Familiar with current international codes and standards, including API (RP 17N / 17Q), ASME and ISO 20815;
- Familiar with technical and operational reliability requirements, including evaluation of novel technology initiatives and prototype qualification procedures;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills with the ability to create high quality technical reports
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with clients and internal groups.
- Experience in the use and application of failure rate and reliability databases, including OREDA;
- Physically capable of completing offshore safety training;
- Must have authorization to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.