Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Wood is looking to recruit a Consultant / Senior Consultant to join our Air Quality team in our London office. With the requirements of the team and the expected developments in this industry, the ideal candidate will be a graduate in environmental science, engineering or management with strong verbal and communication skills.
Our air quality team has a long track record and an exciting portfolio of contracts and clients. We are currently working on projects in a range of sectors such as transport including aviation, government, clean energy, conventional and renewable energy, mining, general industry and oil and gas in the UK and internationally.
Due to the continued success of our team, we are currently looking to recruit a high-calibre Consultant/Senior Consultant to support the delivery of projects across some or all sectors. The successful candidate will be keen to move forward their career in air quality and to develop their skills at Wood, one of the world's leading engineering, project management and consultancy companies. There will be opportunities to work on innovative software solutions. There will also be opportunities to support other teams on environment and sustainability related projects.
Wood is committed to the continued professional development of its staff. You will be supported and guided by senior colleagues, and provided with suitable training. You will have excellent opportunities to progress by furthering your technical capabilities and to explore the wider interests of our company. With us, you'll be challenged, you'll be encouraged to excel, you'll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career and you'll be proud to be part of the Wood team.
You will be providing technical inputs to air quality and carbon emissions inventories projects in the UK and overseas (overseas travels will be required). You will be required to:
- Manage air quality and odour projects on a technical and financial basis.
- Carry out and manage industrial site inspections and audits.
- Carry out quality control on active projects as per ISO standards.
- Write and review reports.
- Lead on proposal and tender compilation for new work.
- Assist with the training and development of junior team members.
- Take responsibility for the health, safety and wellbeing of staff reporting to you and working on your projects.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
- Data processing and analysis of air quality, emissions and meteorological data supporting air quality assessments.
- Air dispersion modelling experience using, e.g. CALPUFF and AERMOD/ADMS.
- Field monitoring.
- Client facing and proposal writing.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write concise reports in English.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Environmental impact assessment and industrial pollution control.
- Industrial emissions (inventory and measurement).
- Knowledge and experience of programming languages.
- Experience of international work.
- Proven GIS advanced skills.
- Vehicle emissions testing.
- Minimum upper second degree-level qualification in engineering, science or maths.
- Full member of IAQM.
- postgraduate qualification in environmental science, technology, engineering or policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.