Skills: Process Control, Electrical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Warren, Michigan, United States
Wood - CEC Controls - Applied Intelligence is seeking Panel Wiremen for our Warren, Michigan facility. Wood is a Global Energy Solutions company; our CEC Controls division has been in business for over 50 years in America, providing exceptional products and services to the automotive industry.
Are you interested in a career in electrical and process controls, with a global leader in the energy, automotive and government markets? Would you like to expand your skill set in the field of electrical and process controls?
We are looking for success driven individuals to join our team. You will receive the world-class training and support needed to be successful in the growing industries we serve. Come join a winning team!
- Wire standard control panels from a schematic or running sheet
- Apply knowledge of basic UL standards
- Layout panel, wire panel, pushbutton stations and J-boxes
- Build industrial control enclosures and connect wiring from schematics
- Interpret data from electrical diagrams and schematics and complete builds to given design
- Effectively use electrical test equipment, schematics and technical manuals
- Identify and select correct parts/materials required for build
- Determine placement of components as part of the panel design
- Complete wiring of all components following electrical schematic diagrams
- Finish products to a professionally high standard of work
- Ensure all panel diagrams, information and schematics are current and correct for the build
- Must be safety and quality conscious
Skills / Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Can work independently and as a part of a team
- Has a "can do" attitude
- Coachable, and keen to learn new skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Able to climb a ladder
- Can walk a mile in 20 minutes
- Be able to cover, on foot, a reasonable distance on a job site
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs without difficulty
CEC Controls is a Wood company
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.