Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Business Analyst, Energy / Commodity Trading, Marketing
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Our client, a leading provider of industry specific information and data, looking for an information analyst focused on energy storage/batteries to support its growing and successful global team located in Europe, Asia, and the Americas. Preference is for those located in Houston, but candidates can reside anywhere in the US.
The analyst will be a key contributor to the global Clean Technology and Renewables team, and will support clients by providing detailed market data, research and insight, utilizing the latest technologies. They will focus on the developing market for energy storage and batteries, covering technology trends, the competitive environment, business models, specific policy and supply chain analysis. The analyst will lead analysis and research initiatives, develop written reports, and deliver presentations at live and virtual events.
The successful candidate will apply strong industry knowledge and proven analytical/communication skills to produce high quality, in-depth reports to support critical our customers' business decisions and have at least 3 years of relevant experience and advanced knowledge of the energy storage industry. Prior experience of working in a research analyst role is desirable.
- Collect, manage and analyze market data to track and identify trends, policies, stakeholders, projects, and technology developments in the energy storage area and support research of the Clean Technology & Renewables group
- Create quantitative and qualitive regional and global market reports analyzing the status and outlook for energy storage
- Work with a global and regional technology team to co-ordinate viewpoints and align data and forecasts
- Coordinate with other groups to develop technology analysis, strategic reports, and project databases
- Develop excellent relationships with companies to better understand their perspectives, views, opinions and needs and incorporate into research agenda
- Write and distribute regular research notes that analyze latest news and developments to both clients and press
- Support client requests by providing quick and comprehensive answers to questions about research findings via On-site and phone presentations
- Contribute to consulting projects as determined by client business needs, typically working in collaboration with a broader team
- Support the global sales and marketing teams to promote research and support client renewals to ensure commercial targets are met
- Travel may be required for customer-facing related activities, conferences, tradeshows, and internal activities
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the energy storage and battery industries
- Established research, analysis and data skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment working in close alignment with both regional and global teams
- Knowledge of MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and database experience is highly preferred
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- At least 3 years of relevant experience of market analysis and/or directly related experience within the energy storage industry is highly preferred
Education and Certifications:
- Relevant degree (Bachelors or equivalent)
- Graduate degree with quantitative experience is highly desirable