Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
This role is responsible for FOR RTDS INFRASTRUCTURE AND APPLICATION MANAGEMENT, TO deploy and manage real time software and infrastructure. Ensure systems are properly maintained to maximize performance and uptime to meet the needs of the end-user while maintaining the most secure environment feasible. Design and implement new technologies to meet the needs of our clients.provide high level job summary (3-4 sentences) of what the benefit of the job is to the department and organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deploy and manage production servers.
- Design and architect production systems. Re-engineering production systems when new technologies become available to increase performance and reliability
- The position requires a working relationship with research and development, regions, as well as other supporting staff as required.
- This position requires a working relationship with Operations and Support groups of RTDS and other entities.
- Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments.
- Producing technical documentation as required.
- Project manage data center and real time solution deployments.
- Identify and address any and all security concerns/incidents.
- Provide and guide other staff on designing the best possible real time solution for clients on rig, on client site or in data center.
- Liaise with hardware and software venders which provide products to the group.
- Provide training on IT and software components of real time systems to internal staff.
- Proactively seek out bottlenecks and potential threats to the stability of systems.
- Improve and document processes in all aspects of the business using technology.
- Perform software testing and roll out of new software or features of existing software.
- Work with regional units to deploy their own real time systems.
- Resolve any and all issues escalated by IT and Operations teams
- Provide detailed reports as required for management.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
5-10 years of experience in a senior role
Knowledge of Windows Server systems, powershell scripting
knowledge of unix systems, bash commands, bash scripting
knowledge of docker, kubernetes, containerization technologies
Would be added advantage to have some configuration management tool experience (chef, ansible, puppet)
Good to have some experience in Cloud(Azure preferred)
Basic management experience with relational(mssql) and nosql databases(postgres, mongodb)
Worked on ITSM/ITIL Practices/Processes (have an understanding of ITIL concepts - however, ITIL certification is not required)
Basic Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol stack and Networking concepts
Familiarity with Load Balancing concepts, Server Clustering, hypervisor technology (hyper-v, vmware)
Good understanding on High Availability tools (SQL Always ON, Cluster, Mirroring etc.)
Monitoring tools like sensu, grafana, telegraf, influxdb, prometheus, ELK stack
Familiarity with Server/desktop Hardware, raid concepts, Backups
Good Communication skills as he/she will be interacting with global teams (in the US, Middle East, APAC, Europe) as this is a global support role Qualifications
5-10 years of experience in a senior role in IT