Posted: May 27, 2021
Posted: May 27, 2021
Skills: Safety Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Wood is currently bidding for a major Oil & Gas project, which is expected to be awarded soon. If successful, Wood would be looking to hire Senior Technical Safety Engineer(s) with extensive experience in Safety Design principle to join our Operations Services Asia Pac (Upstream business) team in Kuala Lumpur. Below are some key responsibilities and duties;
Responsibilities / Duties
- Assist Lead Engineer with preparation of the Technical Safety scope of work from the overall project scope of work. This to include planning, CTR and schedule data as required.
- Able to prioritizes work in accordance with the schedule.
- Ensures quality assurance checks are performed on the project, in accordance with project, company, and department standards.
- Ensures Purchasing and Estimating Departments have technical information for obtaining costs and availability of Safety equipment and materials.
- Fully understands the COMPANY HSE policy, procedures, regulations, and objectives as its related to the working area of responsibility.
- Providing Safety input to the project design.
- Technical sounds and understanding of the fundamentals of Technical Safety Design Engineering methodologies, software systems, and design practices as it is related to Conceptual, FEED, Detail Design, Construction, Commissioning, and plant Start-up.
- Being accountable for the quality of Process Safety deliverables.
- Experience in development of all design deliverables associated with safety studies and loss prevention scopes, including philosophies, reports, specifications, and data sheets, drawings, etc. Supporting other disciplines that will be responsible for drafting on aspects such as Hazardous Area Classifications area, Equipment layouts, Escape routes, etc.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable government and industrial code requirements that are required on safety documents produced under his or her supervision.
- Experience in participating in project Design Review, HAZOP, HAZID, SIL studies, and other safety workshops when required.
- Co-ordinating with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up.
- Ensure that design meets all Technical Safety requirements and maintains risks to as low as reasonably practicable.
- Actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Experience of handling Management of Change (MOC) preparation.
- Able to review and perform formal safety assessment study i.e., Safety Critical Element Identification and Performance Standard (SCEPS), Physical Hazard Effects (PHE) modelling, Vent Radiation and Dispersion Study, Human Factor Engineering, etc as required.
- Responsible for the review of external Consultant's deliverables to enable project risk assessments and safety studies to be produced such as Fire Explosion Risk Assessment (FERA), Escape Evacuation and Rescue Analysis (EERA), Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA), Helideck landing, Smoke and Gas, Blast analysis, etc.
- Strive to prioritize inherently safer design principle in Technical Safety engineering to overall plant design.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering from an accredited university with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the offshore / onshore Oil and Gas upstream / downstream industry.
- Registered with Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
- Technical sound in Technical Safety design / environmental requirements, procedures, and responsibilities for both self and subordinates.
- Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a practical context.
- Professional demeanor, interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, conscientious, and keen to learn.
- Able to demonstrate a level of team working skills.
- Flexible with a can-do attitude.
- Experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.