Skills: Design Engineer, HVAC
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
In this capacity, the Revit BIM Designer will be responsible for supporting Project Managers and Senior Engineers, working multiple projects simultaneously across various disciplines. Collaborate with the project teams with the generation of various BIM deliverables to clients, including modeling and detailing for project documents. Manage internal resources, tasks and project budgets Assist project managers with model presentation for project teams and client meetings
- Create three-dimensional CAD models of piping, plumbing and/or sheetmetal duct systems for the purpose of design, coordination (with structure/other systems), and fabrication (CAD/CAM).
- Utilize design criteria, appropriate codes and company standards to ensure models meet project specific deliverables.
- Works directly with design engineers to produce drawings from sketches, existing drawings and electronic images.
- Standardize and produce Virtual Design Coordination (VDC) documents including HVAC, Mechanical, Plumbing and Piping disciplines to support design, fabrication and construction
- Set up Revit MEP and AutoCAD MEP projects based on existing project templates.
- CAD and Revit drafting.
- Develop mechanical construction models in AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP.
- Ensure model meets expectations stated in the project BIM Execution Plan.
- Design drawings based on written and verbal descriptions from design engineers.
- Work from both customer and firm drawings.
- Prepare plan sections, detail drawings, create spool sheets, bill of materials, hanger lists, Total Station files, etc.
- Perform file management functions such as posting models, downloading model updates, managing links, and historic versioning.
- Coordinate and detail 3D plumbing & HVAC systems.
- Attend coordination meetings, communicate with other trades, and create reports as required.
- Assist in clash detection of coordination models.
- Create detailed field installation drawings and fabrication drawings.
- Provide technical support for existing projects and field service.
- Coordinate and prepare record as-built models and drawings.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture / Engineering, Architectural Technology or equivalent with 10 years of experience in BIM, Revit, CAD, Civil 3D, Open Roads or Inroads or equivalent.
- BIM software Ability to perform Data Shortcuts and setting up templates BIM Tasks add family editing, expanded modeling skills, understanding of BIM Workflows and project setup
- CAD Tasks include CAD content editing, style editing, 3D modeling from base CAD / Vertical application
- Proficient with Civil 3D modeling, including corridors grading, Alignments, Profiles, Earthwork Calculations and Surface creation
- Ability to define Clarity tasks for project Experience with CAD file integration into a project Adhere to project execution plans and workflow criteria
- Understanding of basic drawing setup, modeling techniques, and general knowledge of drafting standards
- Experience with CAD/CAM process, including sheetmetal duct downloads to automated duct fabrication facility and pipe spooling and mapping for pre-fabrication a plus
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Must have good follow through and self-implemented quality control measures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet simultaneous deadlines
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Revit and CAD drafting skills
- Proficient in BIM software (NavisWorks, Bluebeam, 360Glue)
- Proficient in Microsoft Programs
- Proficient in electronic document exchange
- Ability to review and understand contract drawings and specifications
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.