NESFircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas midstream, is currently seeking a Intermediate Project Controller for a contract role from June 2021- December 2021 in Calgary. Individual must be local or have their own accomodations in the area. Core Responsibilities:
- Provide active cost management reporting and governance of projects/programs from initiation to completion.
- Create, maintain and manage cost forecasting/reporting systems to ensure accuracy and visibility of project estimates and budgets to project scope/objectives.
- Create and analyze change management documents to govern project costs and objective variances.
- Forecast costs to completion based on trends including productivity measurements, labour rate analysis, commitments, management of change, schedule impacts and material cost variance.
- Update, maintain and analyze project commitments, cost flow, and expenditures while also supporting monitoring, reviewing and analysis of cost, schedule, earned value and associated reporting;
- Track, report and analyze project/program performance and costs from initiation to completion.
- Establish and report project/program metrics and benchmarks.
- Assess and document trends and risks of the project/ program as related to costs/schedule.
- Develop and maintain financial reporting (weekly/monthly). Collaborate and communicate with internal (Project Managers, business analysts, project administrators) and external stakeholders (vendors) throughout the project cycle to ensure transparency of project costs and trends.
- Responsible for identifying, collecting and analyzing project cost and performance data to establish performance metrics in support of effective and proactive control of project costs and forecasting.
- Prepares forecasts, trending reports and governs commitment to budget and forecast. Reports on deviations throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Liaises with Project Managers, internal and client personnel regarding project control activities.
- Considered a fully qualified Project Controller, May be tasked to provide guidance to junior staff within appropriate limits.
- Recommends alternatives and solutions to routine and somewhat complex problems.
- Must have experience working on oil and gas projects from the beginning to completion
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of large project experience
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.