Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Market Analyst, on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the management of regional Sales & Marketing data, providing regular data analysis and reporting to the Commercial and Senior Management Teams to enable strategic business planning.
The role is afforded a unique view of the company covering a full range of projects and services. This includes early concept and design, engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI), Inspection, Repair and Maintenance (IRM), drill rig support and decommissioning services.
The role presents an exciting opportunity for a motivated, data driven individual to gain experience within a fast-paced commercial environment and gain insight into our wider global activities and strategic regional focus areas.
- Ensure accuracy and alignment of CRM data (Microsoft Dynamics 365) with Sales and Marketing, Finance and Global Vessel Scheduling Teams.
- Regular engagement with Business Development, Tendering and Field Development Group to support CRM data entry & management.
- Close collaboration with MABP team members to support workload/provide cover as needed
- Lead bi-weekly tender resource meetings based on CRM data reporting with Business Unit, Commercial and Engineering department leads.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reporting to Commercial and Senior Management Teams to support regional strategies and sales forecasting against budget.
- Delegated Superuser for Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM within the UK & Global IRM Commercial department.
- Creation and management of business intelligence visualisation tools and reports (Microsoft Power BI) to better support data interpretation and decision making for the Commercial and Senior Management Teams.
- Mange the schedule and Commercial input required annually for the Five-Year Plan to support key decision making by the Senior Management Team regarding projects, financial forecasts, CAPEX spend and asset requirements in region.
- Submit regional Market Analysis data as required by Group Sales & Marketing and actively participate as a member of the Global MABP function by identifying and supporting any business improvement initiatives.
- Actively monitor market intelligence sources (industry press, client releases and subscription services); analyse data trends, client and competitor activities impacting the regions strategy.
- Attend industry conferences and exhibitions to increase professional network of contacts and collate market intelligence to support regional data and strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree in a commercial, business, financial or data analytical subject preferred and / or industry experience within a similar role.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding MS Office 365 business software applications
- Demonstratable knowledge of data analysis using Microsoft Excel
- Capable of preparing and presenting high quality, accurate and engaging presentations and reports in a timely manner for senior management review
- Competent working with CRM systems, in particular Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Capability to develop data visualisation and analysis dashboards utilising Microsoft Power BI
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships at all levels
- Highly numeric with excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Forward focused to identify, track and meet regular reporting internals
- Excellent planning skills, accustomed to meeting multiple and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates credibility and professionalism, operates with the highest standards of integrity, preserving confidentiality at all times
- Pro-actively seeks to advance own learning and acquire information on the evolving offshore energy sector in support of strategic focus areas
- A collaborative worker able to engage with a range of key stakeholders, while also demonstrating initiative and ownership to work with minimal supervision
- Accustomed to working within a multi-national, multi-location environment
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a 24/7 global business