Petroplan is actively looking to recruit to the team a dynamic and enthusiastic Risk/MI Data Engineer who has a passion for data as well as being a strong communicator. Solid experience as a SQL-focused analyst/developer is important, but this is secondary to demonstrating a belief that delivery of a sound data platform is key to meeting business demands. Key Responsibilities:
Key Competencies & Skills:
- Design and development of data-centric applications related to Risk, Compliance, Finance and Operations domains.
- Analysis of key user needs and their translation to enterprise-class designs and software.
- Liaise with project teams, line manager and development leads to ensure accurate delivery.
- Design and develop applications using agreed coding standards and quality targets.
- Participate in code reviews and unit testing.
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of software development best practices within IT.
- Support and mentor other developers in all areas of the development lifecycle.
- Provide regular status updates, reflecting progress against the development schedule.
Education & Experience Requirements
- A business-oriented, data-centric individual, with the ability to build credibility with the business and to have the communications skills which allow complex business requirements to be analysed, challenged where appropriate and then distilled into executable IT designs.
- Experienced developer working as part of a scrum team to deliver robust enterprise-wide solutions utilising industry standard practices and technologies to deliver full stack solutions with initial focus on Trade Pricing models.
- Track record of data analysis, design and delivery, preferably in a physical commodity trading environment.
- Strong interest in Data and Data Science generally.
- Excellent SQL knowledge with understanding of both the relational and dimensional models.
- Good knowledge of Business Intelligence tools, especially SAP Business Objects and MS Power BI.
- Ability to work closely and independently with end users.
- Expertise in all areas of the development life cycle to include:
- Functional requirements and system design specifications. Diversified. Dedicated. Driven
- Test case preparation and execution.
- Understanding of the setup of development environments to include source code and version control.
- Understanding of Software build procedures.
- Educated to Degree-level (or equivalent), as a minimum requirement.
- Minimum of three years' experience with SQL Development, preferably Sybase iQ.
- Two years' experience in using BI tools, preferably SAP Business Objects and/or MS Power BI.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills (both verbal and written). .
- Extensive experience of designing and developing applications individually or as part of a team.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of Trade Pricing and PnL calculations would be advantageous.
- Ability to coach and mentor peers within the scrum team.
- Experience of working in a commodity or financial trading environment is desirable.
- Preferably will have had exposure to an Agile development environment - ideally SCRUM
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.