Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior Planning Engineer, on a long term contract basis, locatied in Aberdeen with frequent International travel required.
As part of the Projects & Engineering Planning Team, this position is responsible for the delivery of robust planning, scheduling & reporting of the Project in Alergia. The role will underpin the Project Teams in terms of lifecycle delivery such that the timeframes and interdependent key milestones reflected in the baselined Master Control Schedule are successfully achieved.
The Project is physically located in the Sahara Desert, Algeria. This particular phase of the project consists of a new slugcatcher, debottlenecking, drilling of 16 new wells, installation of a gas gathering network, LP compression, SBAA pipeline and some environmental projects. Although primarily based in Aberdeen, occasional visits to site may be required.
- Update and report on key performance indicators as required.
- Provide pro-active planning & schedule support in accordance with company procedures.
- Work within integrated project teams as well as other support functions.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), complying with the requirements of Company processes and aligned to Project requirements.
- Development, management, and distribution of project plans reflecting various levels of detail within the integrated project planning environment.
- Development, management, and distribution of various levels of performance analysis reports in relation to progress and productivity.
- Schedule optimisation by proactively identifying opportunities, clashes and threats where performance is at variance with the baseline plan. Facilitate meetings to manage the aforementioned through to agreement and resolution. Develop proposals for management approval.
- Produce ad-hoc plans as required.
- Interface with the other Projects & Engineering Services functions such as cost, planning, estimating & document control to facilitate updates, control, and forecasting.
- Interface with 3rd party contractor Project Services teams.
- Support Project Management and Discipline Engineering personnel during weekly progress meetings.
- Have the ability to present planning information to management teams from both within the Company and also 3rd Party Contractors.
- Facilitate Company and 3rd Party Contractor planning meetings.
- Facilitate ad-hoc planning meetings to review, re-prioritise and manage schedule changes to optimise plan delivery.
- Interface with and build strong working relationships between the various Project Teams, 3rd Party Contractor Teams and Company Business Groups.
- Participate in risk review / probabilistic analysis as necessary.
- Participate in specific planning management audits.
- Prepare for and contribute to project peer reviews.
- Adhere to the Global Integrated Planning Process.
- Actively participate in HSEQ strategy to ensure expectations for the Project Team are met.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL INTERFACES
- Project Controls & Support Teams (Cost / Estimating / Planning / DCC / Procurement / Commercial).
- Asset and other technical functions i.e., subsurface, drilling etc.
- Major Contractors (Engineering & Procurement / Construction & Fabrication / Hook Up & Commissioning).
- 3rd Party Suppliers
- Educated to a degree or HNC level or equivalent in an appropriate discipline (preferred).
- French speaking or an understanding of the French language (preferred).
- Track record of continuous professional development.
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge with others.
- Ability to work pro-actively under own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Both onshore and offshore planning experience (preferred).
- Experience within an operating asset environment.
- Have a good appreciation of both topsides and subsea works in Greenfield, Brownfield and Decommissioning environments.
- Sound knowledge of Primavera P6.
Preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Capability of leading a planning team.
- Ability to influence and persuade.
- Experience in a relevant industry position where robust planning is key to the ongoing success of the business.
- Ability to make decisions, meet deadlines and a track record of delivering results.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Deliver to a challenging reporting calendar.
- Good communication, networking, facilitation & presentation skills.
- Team player with ability to build strong working relationships between the various Project Teams, Company Business Groups, and 3rd party contractors.
- Ability to interpret construction reports, vendor reports and engineering reports. Collate all progress data,
- update integrated project schedules and produce both standard tabular and graphical reports. Identify potential delays and propose proactive solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment which expects the highest level of customer service, confidentiality, and ethical behaviour. Prioritise workload, resolve conflicts and manage relationships.
- Management of change.
- Commitment to core values.