Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Freeport, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Ironworker Helper with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. In general, an Ironworker Helper that has little or no experience in any craft area. They will generally be assigned to assist one or more craftsmen with miscellaneous tasks. A helper may perform a variety of duties, such as furnishing another worker with materials, tools, and supplies, cleaning work areas, machines, and equipment; holding materials or tools; and performing other routine duties. A helper's duties may be limited or restricted to one type of activity, such as moving materials from one area to another, cleaning machines or work areas.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Follow the rules of safe conduct at all times
- Employee must be able to use standard and / or metric rule to measure
- Demonstrate ability to use whole numbers, fractions and decimals to add, subtract, multiply and divide and be able to accurately follow instructions
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job
- Demonstrate ability to work with a craft person
- Identify, recognize and select appropriate materials related to specific crafts
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals
- Demonstrate ability to assist craft person
- Demonstrate ability to perform manual excavation
- Work using all of the safety equipment that OSHA requires as well as what is required by the client and Wood
- Employee must be able to read, speak and understand in the English language in accordance with client requirements
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.