Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Structural Checker with extensive experience in the Mining and Metals industry
- To provide draughting and design checking and detailed review to ensure:
- Structural steelwork drawings afhere to quality standards and engineering designs.
- Timely information transfer to other roles / disciplines / department.
- Efficient production of structural drawings to engineer's designs.
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the company Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
- Detailed checking of structural steelwork drawings to ensure quality standards are met and drawings are in accordance with engineering designs.
- Detailed checking of structural drawings with certified equipment drawings.
- Detailed checking of structural drawings with civil interface.
- Ensure that all checking procedures are followed and checked drawings and completed checklists are captured on Sharepoint.
- Timely completion of checking structural drawings and schedules.
- Adherence to project man-hour budgets.
- Weekly update of project drawing registers.
- Guidance to designers in the use of company standards and procedures.
- Guidance designers to ensure project design requirements are followed.
- Inter-discipline drawing checking.
- Coordination of drawing packages.
- Timely transfer of information to other disciplines.
- Support other disciplines / division.
- Project Drawing registers - Update as per procedures.
- Production of drawings and schedules to agreed schedule and within budget.
- Production of drawing packages completed on time and within agreed budget.
- Process vendor data within agreed timeframes.
- Knowledge and adherence to Engineering Systems procedures.
- Adherence to applicable standards and procedures.
- Monitor errors/rectification reports from site and seek feedback from fabricators and construction personnel
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in civil/structural Engineering or requisite experience
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 15 years structural design draughting experience of which at least 5 years are in the mining and mineral processing area.
- Minimum of 10 years structural checking experience.
- Good understanding of civil/structural technology.
- Experience with process plant design and layout.
- Broad knowledge / experience in fabrication, construction and operations.
- Well-developed computer skills with a good knowledge of relevant CAD software and a working knowledge of relational databases and spreadsheets.
- Understanding of other discipline requirements.
- Good checking skills, ability to work unsupervised, focus on task completion, initiative.
- An open mind to new ideas / concepts.
- Good understanding of project process.
- Team management, leadership, motivational and organisational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Attention to detail. and
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.