Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Deliver and develop approved technical training at recognised technical training centres to internal and external trainees. The training may be performed Technical instructor is responsible for coordinating with SME to update literature and materials to be used in training programs (videos, technical work instruction, etc.) and keeps up-to-date, exercises to enhance learning objectives to account for new capability or change in business objectives.
- Create and develop technical instruction in support of the Weatherford Oil & Gas Software products
- Maintain up-to-date training manuals and technical work instruction to keep training content current with state-of-art product capabilities or operating procedures
- Develop a basic, intermediate, and advanced technical training curriculum to ensure that all technical training curriculum learning objectives are aligned with the appropriate product line competency standards.
- Develop curriculum to support sales and client seminars and workshops
- Deliver basic, intermediate, and advanced technical training curriculum in a professional manner, provide detailed assessment of student performance, and provide comprehensive performance feedback to managers on their direct reports.
- Create static and multimedia content to demonstrate product capability, walkthroughs to document how-to's for specific tasks, functions, and configurations
- Assist in the management of training materials, documentation, and organization for internal competency training and delivery
- Works on projects of limited complexity in a support role
- Work with Technical Development - Training & Competency group to evaluate existing training curriculum to ensure accuracy, relevance, consistency and alignment with strategies and goals.
- Perform detailed needs analysis to determine specific curriculum development requirements.
- Possess international field or technical training experience in all of the operating regions that the product line exists.
- Provide technical training in international district locations as determined by the Training & Competency Manager.
- Prepare and deliver technical seminars and workshops to National Oil Company personnel and IOC personnel in the client's location.
- Support the Operations group in developing and completing all required competency standards for their personnel.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to global and regional Operations.
- Attain appropriate credentials to perform competency assessments.
- Use Employee Connect to maintain rosters, enter grades, and provide required class administrative support.
- Assist in achieving all training department goals and objectives.
- Adhere to Training department policies and procedures.
- Maintain and foster a safe working environment at all times.
- Work close with Training Coordinators where needed
- BS/BE Degree in Petroleum Engineering OR equivalent work experience.
- Supervisory Course
- Professional Training Skills course (City & Guilds or equivalent)
- 2-5+ years related experience
- University/College degree
- 3+ years in technical training
- Working knowledge of Oil & Gas Industry.
- Experience with VB Script, C# (or other .NET language) is a plus
- Previous IT or Enterprise Software experience preferred
- Ability to manage, motivate and assess a dynamic work group.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively train and mentor personnel in classroom and field environments.
- Knowledge of technical training program design and development techniques.
- Ability to plan, delegate, schedule and monitor results.
- Good oral and written communication skills are a necessity.
- Team player who can work on own initiative.
- Ability to communicate with both work force and management
- Working remotely
- Proven training track record
- Technical minded and very knowledgeable in the production automation software
- Outgoing personality, enthusiastic attitude