Skills: Rig Mover
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Primary Purpose of Job
• Ensure that all planning and preparations are completed prior to the rig/barge movement.
• Hands on jack up rigs/barges movement.
• Perform the move in the role of Pilot working closely with rig management and owner's insurance representative to ensure that the rig is moved safely in accordance with both QP's and Rig's Operations Procedures Guidelines preventing damage to QP's or JV assets.
• Act as company marine representative for QP and Joint Venture partners during Rig moves and other marine operations.
• Ensure that, on completion of the move, all records and documentation's are completed.
• Unlimited Foreign Going Master Class I (Master Mariner) Certificate of Competency issued by or equivalent to United Kingdom Department of Transport.
Experience & Skills
• Sufficient to acquire a Class I Certificate of Competence together with a minimum of ten years experience in Rig/Barge operations
• Experience in tanker or towing operations to be gained in the rank of Chief Officer or Master would be advantageous.
• Fully familiar with the movement of all types of jack up drilling units and be capable of conducting rig moves from a ‘Hands on' prospective. Should be able to demonstrate that he has been conducting rig moves in an unsupervised capacity for five years and should have a minimum of 150 moves on to fixed structures, using tug boats only.
• Fully familiar with all aspects of marine operations connected with the offshore industry and should be willing to train an existing work force.
• The Marine field encompasses a multitude of disciplines and therefore experience in other marine operations besides Rig/Barge move operations is desirable. Examples of other desirable experience are :- Offshore Oil Operations, Marine Inspection and Investigation, Marine Consultancy, DP Operations, Pipe lay, Construction Barge Operations and Tankers moorings.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa