Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Wood requires a technical and motivated Lead Electrical Engineer to take up the current opportunity within our Brisbane core Engineering team. This role is to lead the Electrical design for Magentite study and provide a cost effective design to ensure the project progresses forward. The position is required to ensure that all project deliverables are completed to the required level of accuracy in accordance with Company procedures and meet the clients project objectives.
This role will be reporting to the Brisbane Engineering Manager and is required to provide electrical engineering expertise to the client to ensure a successful design to progress forward. The lead will ensure that all deliverables are completed to meet schedule, to the required level of accuracy in accordance with Company procedures and the defined scope as per the contract.
Your key responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical system design responsibility
- Ownership of Electrical Schedule and planning
- Responsible for production and/or review of deliverables including models, drawings, calculations, specifications, reports, evaluations
- Assurance of tender & supply for all Electrical Equipment
- Review and where required approval of work by others
- Management and leadership of a small team
- Working closely with the design team to achieve successful model review outcomes
- Liaise with other disciplines, Clients and Vendor representatives
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum 20 yrs engineering and design knowledge
- System Modelling knowledge in ETAP
- Knowledge in the following areas:
- HV/LV Switchgear MCC
- HV Distribution
- Packaged equipment
- Lighting design
- Familiar with IEC/IEEE Standards
- Familiar with NEC installation Standards
- Chartered Engineer Status or working towards chartership
- Effective communication skills
- A positive and pro-active attitude
You must hold current work rights for Australia.
To be considered apply now!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.