Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Contracts and Procurement Lead for a 1-year contract in Fort Saskatchewan, AB. The successful candidate must be local or willing to relocate on their own as no LOA will be provided.
- Requiring a CP Lead supporting New Energies Front-End Projects.
- Primary focus is Renewable Natural Gas ("RNG"), Advanced Biofuels, Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil ("HVO") & Carbon Capture, and other renewable energy project development
- In this role there is specific priority, but not limited to, front-end project development Pre-DG3, including CAPEX, OPEX, and Feedstock sourcing strategy development and execution as well as Commercial support to the relevant Business Opportunity Managers.
- The CP Lead is a member of Projects CP Team and is responsible for managing the execution of the complete Category Management & Contracting Process ("CMCP") as it applies to the Opportunity Realization Standards ("ORS").
- This includes aligning with business drivers, Assessing Demand & Supply, External Market Analysis, Contract Strategy/Tactics Development & Execution, Contract Management activities for the Projects Portfolio.
- The New / Low Carbon Fuels business and project teams are very dynamic and project priorities can change focus rapidly, therefore the candidate should be capable of maintaining excellent, proactive stakeholder communications, be completely integrated into the working teams and able to rapidly adapt to ambitious business needs.
- It will require the candidate to efficiently and effectively prioritize work, think strategically, and develop high quality deliverables that accurately and effectively support the needs of the business and project teams.
- Develop commercially competitive sourcing strategies and tactics that meet the business value drivers; while taking into account non traditional, external market capability or potential implementation of global strategies at local/regional level. This may involve constructively challenging the business demand and/or CP practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Ensure application of the End to End CMCP and CP Projects Expected Practices and Outcomes ("EPO") process, using commercial judgement, common sense and a simplification mind-set
- Align Greenhouse Gas ambition into sourcing strategies & expectations with 3rd party contractors.
- Ensure the contract strategies and Contract Management Plans support Goal Zero through implementation of robust Contractor Safety in Projects (CSiP), Contractor Safety Management practices, and alignment to our client's personal and process safety Goal Zero focus areas.
- Bring external market/supplier views and benchmarks into conversation and provide commercial challenge and guidance in the project.
- Develop and manage external partner and supplier relationships effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement Individual Contributor, no direct reports [Key Interfaces] - Project Managers, Project Engineers, Commercial Managers, Contract Holders, Contract Owners, CP Ops, Asset Managers, 3rd party contractors Key Experiences and Qualifications:
- Strong demonstration of commercial acumen in supporting deal structure & contracting strategies
- Experience in contract negotiations & tender evaluation. Track record of delivering results.
- Understanding of CP, strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Has effective influencing skills and can flex his/her style to audience.
- Strong and Proven Interpersonal, Influencing & Stakeholder Management Skills.
- Professional CP Qualification (e.g. MCIPS, ISM) is preferred but not mandatory.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field and/or 5-10 years of experience in applying the discipline skill to oil and gas projects.
- Familiar with a variety of the discipline's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks with minimal day to day supervision.
- Has begun to demonstrate some breadth in applying skills to different project phases and / or acquiring experience in other related disciplines.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- May report to a supervisor or manager.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.