As change makers in our industry, at Baker Hughes and Turbomachinery and Process Solutions (TPS) we create new ways to collaborate with our colleagues, customers, suppliers, and the communities in which we operate. Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and Quality are built into everything we do, from how we design our products, to the way we plan and execute for our customers. Our expectation is to make every day a Perfect Day with no injuries, accidents, illnesses, harm to the environment while delivering to our customers what they need when they need it.
For our Equipment and Projects (E&P), and Thermodyn (TD), Power Transmission (PT), Pumps, Valves and Systems (PVS) business units, we are looking forward to hiring a talented HSE Director.
As the HSE Director of these two business units, you will lead a team of HSE professionals, partner with and act as a coach for the respective Leadership Teams to design and drive a strategy to strengthen an interdependent culture and improve HSE performance.
You will be based in Florence, Italy and report operationally to the Vice Presidents of the above-mentioned business units and to the Vice President Global Supply Chain TPS, and functionally to the Vice President HSE and Quality TPS.Responsibilities
- Engage with the leadership teams of the above-mentioned product lines and drive a sense of shared accountability and continuous improvement in the HSE performance and culture by integrating HSE in business decisions, management system and everything they do
- Drive a compelling sense of urgency across the product lines to identify, reduce, and control HSE risks associated with operations
- Inspire and lead a team of HSE professionals and team leaders, set high expectations and take accountability for their overall performance, their pace and urgency in implementing HSE improvements
- Maintain compliance as related to HSE requirements and reporting
- Develop a high performing team and an engaging work environment that promotes meritocracy, diversity and where everyone is welcome and encouraged to speak up and intervene
- Identify, attract, retain, and nurture key individuals with the critical capabilities needed by the organization
- Engage and cooperate with the broader Baker Hughes and TPS teams to deploy HSE consistent practices and standards globally and accelerate performance improvements in a non-traditional, non-conventional way
- Take an active and effective stance in representing the company in external industry or community events
- Master's degree from an accredited university in HSE sciences, or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Significant years of combined experience in operations and teams' leadership
- Proven years of experience in HSE
- Travel internationally up to 35% of your time
- Knowledge and practice of HSE legal framework in Italy
- Ability to coach and mentor executive leaders and help them drive cultural changes within their organizations
- Proven skills in interfacing effectively with all levels of the organization, as well as outside Baker Hughes, including governmental authorities, contractors, vendors, customers
- You will be a team player, able to create an environment of trust within the team and with the broader organization
- You are always ready and willing to provide and receive feedback to inspire others, improve self and make our improvement programs more effective
- You will be a critical thinker, and always seeks for relevant information and intelligence, analyzes, and interprets them to produce innovative solutions to problems
- Fluent in Italian and English
- Knowledge and practice of human and organizational performance principles
- Knowledge and practice of process safety
- Knowledge and practice of HSE legal framework in USA and France
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.