Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Santiago de Querétaro, Querétaro, Mexico
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
The Machine Learning Engineer will work with a cross-disciplinary team of technologists and directly lead and/or contribute to technology innovation projects leveraging state-of-the-art artificial intelligence & machine learning methods. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong foundation in ML, passion for innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit. You will be part of the Enterprise Technology team leading strategic innovation across Baker Hughes in areas such as inspection automation for jet engines, optimization of part design for additive manufacturing, and improving the reliability of critical energy infrastructure. This is an opportunity to be part of a global, interdisciplinary team working on projects that will transform the future of energy for the world.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Leading or contributing to one or more team projects, with accountability to develop ML algorithms meeting defined performance criteria
- Working with an interdisciplinary team to define analytics and deployment architectures to address customer needs
- Leverage supervised and unsupervised learning approaches to ML model development, utilizing cloud and on-prem resources for model training and testing
- Managing datasets for model training, working with subject matter experts as needed for data collection, interpretation, and labeling
- Following defined internal standards and best practices on coding, documentation and version control
- Maintaining knowledge of trends in the data science field
- Working with technology partners and third-party solution providers to execute on projects
- Proposing shortest-path solutions and work with a "minimum viable product" mindset to deliver new solutions rapidly
- Collaborating with a global team to deliver on projects and communicating results to key stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field. M.S. or Ph.D. a plus.
- Have experience as a data scientist, data engineer or adjacent position
- Demonstrate experience with Python and C or C++.
- Have background in computer vision including traditional image/video processing techniques (OpenCV, skimage), classification, object detection and segmentation
- Have experience with learning platforms (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch) for image and video analytics. Familiarity with CNN architectures
- Experience using cloud platforms for ML workflows (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud), including familiarity with Docker
- Have knowledge of V/T/GPU computing environments (e.g. CUDA, OpenVINO), real-time optimization on the edge devices (Nvidia Jetson)
- Have knowledge of other ML/DL domains including NLP, supervised/unsupervised learning, reinforcement learning, Bayesian networks is a plus.
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.