Assembler Do you enjoy being part of a successful team? Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving technical problems?
Join our Team!
Partner with the best
The Assembler will perform a variety of semi-repetitive and unique precision assembly operations on products. Upon completion of assembly you will use precision measuring instruments to ensure conformance.
As an Assembler, you will be responsible for:
- Following all manufacturing standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Reading and interpret mechanical schematics for final assembly onto varying sizes metal pipes
- Assembling of parts using handheld power tools
- Using engraver equipment for product labels and serialization
- Processing SAP transactions associated with material/inventory accuracy and shipments
- Working within ISO 9001 guidelines
- Initiating Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) as required
- Owning inventory controls within assigned work center, including cycle counting
- Working within time constraints; understand the sense of urgency; handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area complying with safety policies
- Interfacing with manufacturing engineering to ensure product quality
- Helping support other work cells as needed
- Performing misc. duties as assigned by the Cell or Operations Leader
- Complying with all Quality, HSE (Health, Safety and Environment), and Work Rules
- Being flexible to work overtime when needed - including weekends
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have High School Diploma / GED
- Have minimum 6 months of experience in a manufacturing assembly environment or equivalent technical training
- Have basic Computer skills (Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, & Excel)
- Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
- Lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
- Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
- Excellent communication ability needed to work in a small team
- Possess strong electrical and mechanical abilities
- 1-2 Years of experience in a manufacturing assembly
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical schematics and procedures
- Demonstrate high attention to detail to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- Have knowledge and contribute to creating a safe culture in an industrial setting
- Must be able and willing to work in different areas, as assigned, throughout the work day
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated teamwork ability, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Previous ERP system experience, SAP preferred
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Comprehensive private medical care options
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.