Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for implementing, developing, testing, supporting and installing our AGV software suite (both on a SCADA level and on an embedded/vehicle level). Working in a multidisciplinary team you will be responsible for making sure that the software systems meet the customer specifications and work within their site constraints. You provide both logistical and technical insight to create solutions that provide optimal automation performance. Given that we have global customers you are willing to travel and stay abroad for several weeks at a time. You are responsible for the successful installation at the customer site.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing, developing, testing and installing the AGV control software;
- Troubleshooting and fixing software issues;
- Testing the application software and interfaces to the vehicle;
- Writing requirements, detailed design documentation, and test cases;
- Providing support for field issues.
- Analyzing and modifying traffic and logic rules to optimize material flow and optimizing vehicle performance;
- Continuously improving our processes and procedures to optimize development efficiency;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Software team leader, OASYS
- Technical Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science, Automation Technology or Information Technology or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in writing application software for technical applications;
- Proficient with Linux and knowledgeable of the Windows operating systems;
- Knowledge of object oriented analysis & design methodologies and design patterns;
- Experience with writing multithreaded software
- Experience with programming network communications (UDP and TCP);
- Understanding of networking hardware and software including UDP and TCP;
- Experience with writing requirements, design documentation, and test cases;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Dutch and German is a plus;
- Ability to read, understand, debug and modify existing product code;
- Ability to act independently generating innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Experience with integrating with enterprise systems such as databases, ERP systems, and factory automation systems;
- Customer focused attitude;
- Willingness to travel and stay abroad several weeks at a time during system installation;
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a demanding and dynamic work environment;
- Experience with programming in Java, C++ and C; Python.
- Experience with generating user interfaces in Java.
- Experience with XML and web services.
- Experience with issue tracking systems, preferably Jira.
- Experience with versions control systems
- Experience with controlling autonomous robots.
- Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Background in Logistic solutions
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Job tasks are performed in close proximity to other people
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.