Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood is seeking a Senior Building Systems Mechanical Engineer with experience in design for buildings and industrial projects to join our Built Environment group based in Burlington, Oakville, Cambridge, or Richmond Hill, ON with the flexibility to work remotely.
T he Senior Mechanical Engineer will play an integral role in the delivery and execution of complex, challenging and innovative projects. The position will support our building design and engineering practice and work alongside various multi-disciplinary engineering and architecture teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and execution of building services projects ranging in size and complexity, including municipal, healthcare, commercial, transit, and industrial projects. This opportunity is ideally suited for an experienced professional engineer with an entrepreneurial mindset to support a growing design practice. We are looking for a self-starter who is motivated and able to foster internal and external relationships, possesses the ability to work as an integral part of a project team, who can interface with both internal and external project team members, and collaborate with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Participate in the design of plans, preliminary estimations, and details for a variety of Federal, Municipal Industrial, Transportation & commercial projects.
- Assist the team in developing new business in Ontario and Eastern Canada using business development skills for proposal generation.
- Source out any potential new assignments from various clients in anticipation of expressions of interest or requests for proposals.
- Help prepare reports, proposals, bid submissions, budgets, project plans and other supporting documentation.
- Assist in the development of Business Plans to ensure project scope and contractual commitments are attainable.
- Prepare contract packages, quantity take-offs, specifications, etc. for both new buildings and renovations.
- Complete code reviews, design calculations, equipment selection, and work with designers to develop design packages.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and controls building systems.
- Survey the existing mechanical systems of buildings and provide building system condition assessments.
- Design calculations for piping and ducting sizes, heating and cooling loads using energy modeling software.
- Design of mechanical systems and equipment selection based on calculations.
- Energy, water conservation and LEED experience is considered an asset.
- Managing role for projects from design development through construction to final commissioning.
- Coordinate with other disciplines during design and work in a team environment.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering
- P.Eng designation in Ontario (or eligible)
- Must have a minimum of 7 years' experience in mechanical designs for building systems
- Highly desired - will be proficient with REVIT, and AutoCAD
- Will have expertise in developing : construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, and construction planning documents
- Ability to write / review Proposals
- Experience leading multi-discipline design teams in support of government and private clients
- Experience in conducting design reviews
- Experience in design/build delivery
- Valid drivers license
- Possess LEED Accredited Professional certification is an asset
- Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.