Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Rotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands
Role: Structural Engineer
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Duration: 6 months renewable
Duties & Responsibilities
The Lead Structural Engineer is involved in various engineering projects such as but not limited to:
• Oil & Gas; Concept/basic/detail Design of Topsides and Substructures (eg Jacket, Tripod, Jack-up) and Substructure foundations (Piles, Suction Anchor, Gravity Base), Design of Topside components and modifications (eg ventstacks, flarebooms, deck extensions, living quarters, bridges, helidecks, etc). Decommissioning engineering for Topsides and Substructures and the design of FPSO Topsides and FPSO Turrets;
• ; Concept/basic/detail Design of Topsides, Jackets, Tripods, Monopiles and Transition Pieces for Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) & Offshore Sub stations (OSS);
• Performing different engineering analyses such as, but not limited to: Load out, Upending, Lifting, Transport, Transport fatigue, Natural Frequency, Installation/stabbing, On-bottom/Unpiled, In-place operational, In-place fatigue, Non-linear Pushover, Vessel collision, WTG Load Iteration and time series, Seismic, Redundancy/Pushover, Lifetime extensions, Foundation piles, Foundation suction cans, Pile drivability;
• Performing different detailed calculation for such as, but not limited to: Weight Control Reporting, Bolted connections, Welded connections, Grout Connections, Wave slamming, Vortex induced Vibrations, Grillage and Seafastening, Vessel & barge deck strength, Nodes & joints (eg diamond plates), Detailed buckling checks of shell structures, Lifting points (eg padeyes & trunnions), Rigging selection, Crane pedestals.
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Civil Engineering (offshore);
• +10 years of experience as structural engineer in the Oil & Gas and Offshore Wind Industry and +/- 2 years of lead engineering experience;
• Extensive experience with design of Jacket substructures;
• Software experience: proficient user of SACS, advanced user of USFOS, ANSYS (classic and workbench), FEMAP, Staadpro;
• Knowledge of International rules and standards applicable to offshore designs for Oil & Gas as well as Offshore Wind Industry;
• Experience with geotechnical foundation design for driven piles (incl. drivability) and suction anchor foundations and gravity base foundations;
• Good knowledge of English and preferably also Dutch (both written and verbal);
• Pro-active and problem solving attitude, analytic, flexible, team player;
• Coaching and leading experience.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!