Lead Technical Regulations & Standards EngineerDo you enjoy being part of a successful team?Do you enjoy working with a global diverse team?
Join our Panametrics Team!
The team at Panametrics, a Baker Hughes business designs and manufactures a range of sensing instrumentation that that are utilized in a vast array of market segments. Our flagship product such as Ultrasonic flowmeter & analyzers help customers across all process industry to handle toughest environment and most difficult applications.
Partner with the best
Panametrics is looking for a Lead Technical Regulations and Standards Engineer to work closely with our design teams to deliver next-generation industrial sensing equipment. A successful applicant would have previous regulatory experience in an industrial sector and be comfortable working with agencies in North America, Europe, and Asia, while also having strong engineering fundamentals to successfully interface with the technical teams.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Review and understand the applicable standards required by Law in countries that apply to the relevant products.
- Communicate standards to the design community and maintain them.
- Participate with independent third parties to perform product compliance and certification work (testing, design review etc.) and communicate results/actions to the relevant engineering and supply chain teams.
- Interact with outside engineering firms and/or governmental agencies to provide or record product compliance to required regional or national standards to gain the needed product certification or qualification.
- Lead analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
- Connects the dots across technologies and develop cross-technology solutions; works on cross-functional projects/teams to deliver technology solutions for the business.
- Drive TRS team to define approaches, and methodologies and drive their implementation across the organization.
- Drives implementation of knowledge management and stimulates the sharing of knowledge.
- Works within a team setting to execute routine but complex analysis.
- Experience working with regulatory agency auditors, and supporting periodic audits.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Engineering/Technology).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, specifically leadership experience with globally located, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work independently, and drive initiatives with minimal oversight.
- Established project management skills.
- Ability to document, plan, and execute several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated prior experiences in certifying hazardous environment products to standards including US/CAN, ATEX/IECEx for Class 1 Div 1/Div 2; Zone 1/Zone 2, additional familiarity with Explosion-proof and Intrinsically Safe designs is highly desirable
- Has existing relationships with certification agencies including CSA, FM, UL, BASEEFA, TUV, etc.
- Possesses familiarity with import/export needs for regional requirements, i.e. CRN, Pattern Approval etc.
- Familiarity with SAP and TRS/Compliance block management within ERP systems.
- Experience with global wireless directives, like those maintained by the FCC, ISEB, FCA, CCC etc.
- Experience with existing global material compliance regulations like REACH, WEEE, RoHS, etc, and familiar with new regulations like SCIP.
- Strong problem solving skills.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional remote working as required.
- Flexibility within the day or week to get the job done.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.