Skills: Mechanical Technician, Workshop
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Port Lavaca, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Millwright with extensive experience in Operations and Maintenance to join our team in Port Lavaca, Texas . You will be required to inspects, repairs, installs, and maintains the functional parts of mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps, compressors, turbines, gear reducers, fans, and hydraulic equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings in industrial establishments, using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools and power tools.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints or drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application.
- Identify, recognize, and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job.
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, forklifts, and company trucks.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices.
- Identify, explain, and performs crane hand signals.
- Demonstrate ability to inspect defective equipment and diagnose the malfunctions using various test equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to select appropriate test equipment for diagnosis (may include analyzers, pressure gauges, thickness gauges, vibration instruments, and visual or temperature sensing instruments).
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to disassemble, overhaul, and repair damaged equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to read and interpret factory manuals.
- Demonstrate ability to align machines and equipment using "machinist levels," dial indicators, thickness gauges, squares, etc.
- Identify and recognize various types of pump seals and demonstrate ability to repair and replace seals.
- Assembles machines and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to the foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- The employee must be able to use standard and/or metric rule to measure.
- Demonstrate ability to use whole numbers, fractions and decimals to add, subtract, multiply and divide and be able to accurately follow instructions.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Installation - Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
4-5 years of experience in the craft area working within and industrial environment.
2-3 years' experience may be at the craft helper level in this craft.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.