Skills: Electrical Technician, Electrician
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Elko, Nevada, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing an an Electrical Foreman to join a solar project in Elko, Nevada. Candidates who live in the state of Nevada preferred but not limited to.
Authorization to work lawfully in the U.S. without sponsorship from Wood is required.
DESCRIPTION OF FUNCTIONS
Manages day-to-day activities of work site, ensures on-time completion of project(s), and supervises construction team.
- Ensure crews are on site, prepared and equipped to perform their assignments
- Conducts and leads toolbox and safety meetings
- Ensure crews are following all client, company and OSHA safety standards
- Organize and plan work weekly and daily to ensure crews are productive and safe
- Must be proficient with hand/power tools in an industrial oil field setting
- Skilled in electrical installation specifications and procedures in an industrial oil field setting
- Knowledge of electrical circuits including the operation and function of typical electrical devices such as solenoids, relays, motors, transformers, switches, motor control, ETC
- Knowledge/understanding in Control of Work (Permits) and Lock out tag out (LOTO).
- Responsible for writing permits per clients Control of work system and being a Preforming Authority (PA)
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Be capable of listening and communicating with other - supervision and employees.
- Be motivated while working safely and productively.
- Understand and respond accordingly to all safety alerts, warnings, hazards, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma, or Equivalent
- Valid and current Driver License with clean driving record
- Ten (10) years' experience as industrial Electrician in oilfield
- License, or must have reciprocity in Nevada
- Five (5) years' supervisory experience in oil and gas industry
- Candidates from the state of Nevada preferred and will receive first preference.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.