Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Elko, Nevada, United States
Wood is currently sourcing an QA/QC Coordinator to work on site at a solar project in Elko, Nevada. Candidates who live in the state of Nevada preferred but not limited to.
Authorization to work lawfully in the U.S. without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Make in-process visual inspections of electrical and instrumentation activities as well as across various disciplines including welding, mechanical, piping, painting, civil and structural. Inspections will be in accordance and compliance to client contractual and specification requirements.
- Review and be familiar with the job specifications, drawings, submittals and the contract documents which will outline the quality requirements.
- Maintain a job file of all the contract documents.
- Make daily inspections of the work in progress across disciplines and maintain very accurate records of these inspections.
- Witness testing as required by the contract and the job specifications. Employee must also submit reports on the testing that was witnessed.
- Observe worker using equipment to verify that equipment is being operated and maintained according to quality assurance standards.
- Verify corrective actions that have been taken when discrepancies have been identified. Must also submit a report on the methods and procedures that were used to correct identified problems.
- Recommend revision to methods of operation, material handling, equipment layout, or other changes to increase production or improve standards.
- Review all inspection reports for compliance.
- Prepare nonconformance reports to the Project Manager and assist in developing corrective actions.
- Assist in resolving any discrepancies and ambiguities
- Assure all nonconformance and resolution activities are communicated in appropriate manner with all stakeholders.
- Review inspection test packages during the course of the projects.
Skills / Qualifications
- High School/Equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years QA/QC field experience as well as previous E&I contruction experience
- Must be knowledgeable in the ANSI, ASME, specifications which are directly associated with the type of work and tests that are being conducted.
- Previous solar project experience is preferred.
- Valid driver's license
- Candidates from the state of Nevada preferred and will receive first preference but not limited to.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.