Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Inventory Control
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for a Principal Control and Instrumentation Engineer (contract) in Reading. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of project work, in accordance with the Discipline Design Instructions, including Wood and / or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control, within the man - hour, cost budgets and the project schedule targets.
The role will be specializing in analytical equipment and / or metering systems.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and able to work independently. They will be confident in their own ability to deliver the Control and Instrumentation scope on a project on time and within budget, while facilitating effective work share with other execution Centre's around the world.
Scope of work
- Develop specification and prepare material requisitions for analytical and metering systems
- Analytical equipment, Process Analysers, Analyser shelters, Analyser Management And Data Acquisition Systems, Laboratory Information Management Systems, Continuous Emissions Monitoring systems and interfaces to plant safeguarding, control and monitoring systems
- Issue material requisitions to the Material Management Department for enquiry, order placement and for any subsequent revisions
- Review Vendors' quotations prepare technical quotation evaluation and recommend the final technically acceptable Vendor, in conjunction with Materials Management Department commercial quotation evaluation. Technically approve Order Variation Summaries
- Working closely and directly for client personnel
- Hold co - ordination meetings and engineering review meetings with Vendors of major equipment as required
- Liaise with other Groups and Client as necessary
- Advise the Discipline manager / Chief C&I Engineer of any major slippages and their causes, all policy matters, major technical problems and unresolved differences with other Groups, and requests for changes by the Client which may constitute a contract change
- Prepare, check, approve and provide technical input into project deliverables to the required quality standards in conformance with or better than, the approved budget and programme
- To provide relevant knowledgeable practical skills in the response and actions for:
- Site visits and site surveys
- Site queries and discussions
- Supplier, vendor, contractor, client and site related discussions
- Site based activities
- Factory acceptance testing, integration testing, SATs and commissioning of analyser systems
Skills / Qualifications
- Subject Matter Expert in analysers
- Understanding of current UK, European and International code requirements for analytical equipment
- To be technically astute and conversant with the latest advances in technology
- Ability to deliver documentation that is technical correct to the required standard and schedule
- Experience in a similar role within the contractor environment is essential
- Prior experience reviewing Engineering Flow Diagrams and Piping Layouts and Models with reference to assigned equipment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.