At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.Lead DCS EngineerJob Description Summary
As the Lead DCS Engineer, you're responsible to lead Distribution Controls System engineering projects with the region. You're to ensure all DCS engineering design is accordance to customer requirement. You're to collaborate with other functional team to ensure projects are delivered at global satisfaction.
Our NEXUS Control Business designs and builds industry leading, custom designed controls systems and applications for gas- and steam turbines, generators and compressors to control and monitor industrial equipment in the power and oil & gas sectors. We deliver engineered-to-order solutions in a wide range of industries and geographical locations.
As the Lead DCS Engineer, you're responsible to lead Distributed Control System engineering projects with the region. You're to ensure all DCS engineering design is accordance to customer requirement. You're to collaborate with other functional team to ensure projects are delivered at global satisfaction.
As a Lead DCS Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Work Experience Fuel your passion
- Leading DCS engineering project, conducts and provides sufficient technical support for project successful fulfilment.
- Checking / Reviewing DCS engineering design drafted by project engineers - System Design & Built of Material.
- Attending and leading DCS engineering project kick-off & closeout meetings
- Delivering engineering drawings, BOM & documents on schedule, complying to standards and codes accordingly.
- Managing drawing updates, archiving, revision control, and executes Engineering Change Request (ECR)
- Developing test procedures, conduct and lead Factory Acceptance Test. Demonstrating and validating controls functionality with customer's representatives.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent with 5 -10 years on industrial automation/process control domain
- Be familiar with DCS products, application design standards and related regulations
- Be a self-starter with high energy and initiative, demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Have ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a matrix management environment
- Have ability to understand P&ID, control schematic and system logic diagrams.
- Have good analytical, interpersonal skills and highly proficient in computer applications.
- Be Fluent in English (written and spoken) with good communication and presentation skills
- Have ability to travel to customer and vendor sites internationally
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.