Company: WTS Energy
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
WTS Energy is seeking to hire a Lead Buyer Subcontracting - who have Ship repair/ Shipbuilding, Yard maintenance experiences.
Source and procure sub-contracting services to satisfy the ship repair, NB projects, yard maintenance & other requirements.
Policies, Processes & Procedures:
• Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
• Ensure employees are aware and follow the information Security Rules and data security measures in order to protect the company information / intellectual properties.
Day- to-day operations:
• Implements the day-to-day operations assigned for the subcontracting section to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures
• Identification of all requirements in requisition for subcontracting issued by various departments / projects
• Coordinate with project managers, project engineers and update the subcontracting status
• Organize the regularly review meeting with subordinates and identify the concerns to provide the best possible solutions
• Ensure that all potential subcontractors are provided with identical information upon which the quotations are given equal opportunity to meet the desired requirements and exploring best possible competitive solution
• Ensure the sourcing process to support project and procurement objectives
• Analysis the project terms and condition and create the project specific terms and condition of purchase
• Negotiate the best payment terms and contract conditions, maintaining high level of integrity
• Preparation of project procurement procedure for subcontracting, PO plan and obtain approval from client
• Update the Subcontracting Procurement status to Director Procurement.
• Monitor the progress of individual buyers and initiate them to explore their concern to guide for best possible solution
• Assist Tendering and Costing Department as required
• Liaise with all departments and maintain the good relationship to provide required service
• Develop new vendors in line with yards quality / price requirements
• Arrange and participate in meetings between subcontractors and Company engineers and other personnel to facilitate standardization and economical procurement
• Bachelor's Degree in any Engineering discipline or equivalent.
• Post graduate diploma in Materials management
• Post graduate degree in Materials management
• Proficient with MS Office applications.
• Basic accounting.
• Formal education in Purchasing Process is desirable.
• 10 - 15 years' experience subcontracting in an industrial environment, shipyard, offshore / Oil & Gas industry
• Working experience in major Production / Construction companies/projects and heavy industrial segments.
• Up to date with modern production methods, procedures, and specifications preparation
• Broad knowledge of international trade & shipping terms.
• Sound knowledge of technical terminology, particularly that use in a marine environment.
• Strong background with resolution of subcontracting issues.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple subcontracting activities concurrently and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and successfully execute tasks in accordance with departmental / project objectives.