WTS Energy is seeking to hire Electrical Project Coordinator for one of its client who is a reputed Engienering company for Oil and Gas and Energy industry.
The electrical project coordinator is responsible for all E&I activities within a project, from tender to final testing and customer handover (including surveys, BOM preparation, technical queries, procurement, offsite installations and supporting projects remotely from the Dubai office). Key Responsibilities:
Under the Supervision of the Electrical Manager the Electrical Project Coordinator will perform the following activities:
• Offer/Bid Preparation
o Participate in 'Project Kick-Off Meetings" to determine project requirements.
o Attend surveys onshore/offshore to define scopes where required
o Understand client's requirements from a technical, schedule and budget perspective.
o Liaise with Suppliers and Sub Contractors to ensure quotations are received promptly, and required technical requirements are followed.
o Prepare estimation files and client offers using company templates and methods
• Project Execution
o Commercial / Client Follow-Up
• Planning and Scheduling: Preparation and maintenance of project schedule.Work with the Project Manager to define resources and budgets for on-time project delivery. Key milestones are identified and tracked.
• Client follow-up:Regular planned follow-up with client throughout project. Preparation of update documents: Action Register, Commercial Summary, Project Schedule, Project Dashboard.
• Intermittent commercial summaries for installation, to review performance against budget.
• Ensure invoicing is done on time as per agreed payment terms
• Understand technical, Engineering and Design requirements for all scopes.
- Preform detailed electrical design, sizing and calculations, and verify design done by others
• Ensure that issued drawings are delivered on time and correspond to the client requirements.
• Follow up for Class Approval where required
• Work with the Electrical Procurement Coordinator to organize procurement of material and ensure prompt delivery
• Installation / Deployment
o Develop manpower profile based on estimation and Identify personnel requirement (qualifications, positions, team size, etc) for each project.
o Prepare installation pack for supervisors including relevant engineering, HSE, QC details.
o Attend deployments and assist with daily management: QC follow up, daily reports, daily client meetings, site query management, etc
• Project Close-Out
o Prepare Lessons Learnt and installation metrics at completion of every project.
o Ensure that Technical Documentation is delivered at the completion of each project.
o Ensure that all scopes are closed & documented properly and ready for internal/external as internal QA system in place.
- Assist in the development of in-house manuals and procedures, and provide ideas to standardise and improve the overall performance
- Assist in the coaching and training of junior electrical team members
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Good understanding of Engineering and Oil and Gas related technical requirements
- Experience and understanding of IEC Offshore Installation Standards and Oil & Gas electrical installation requirements onboard fixed or floating vessels.