Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: The Hague, South Holland, Netherlands
Our Client is the pioneer of business-critical communication solutions for customers operating in remote environments.Together with their partners, they have created a Group dedicated to providing the maritime industry with an integrated offering of broadband communications, digital solutions, bridge electronics, and on-board and remote maintenance.
Combining the power of these long-term expert organizations, they are recognized as one of the leading ICT and operational technology specialists serving customers in the Shipping, Offshore, Cruise & Ferry, Yachting and Fishing markets .
They are currently looking for Field Engineers with experience in Installation, service and maintenance of equipment for work and activities related to installation, service and maintenance of VSAT, Network equipment and other solutions offered within the Company's Maritime Product Portfolio.
The Field Engineer reports to the Manager Field Service Europe & America and ultimately to the Director Field Service & Partner Management.
• Field Engineer is responsible for the work and activities related to installation, service and maintenance of
VSAT, Network equipment and other projects executed abroad
• Direct technical support to local partner Engineers during installation, service and maintenance of these
products within the Company's portfolio.
• Evaluation of local partner Engineers' quality of work, execution of their trainings and certification
• Direct technical support to Technical Operations during fault identification on all products under the
• Implementation of pilot projects or new technologies and preparation of appropriate and detailed
documentation related to these projects
• Creation and archiving detailed documentation from installations, services and maintenances of all
• Responsibility for completion of the installation with successful operation on time with respect to the agreed
• Provide consultations to customers
• Cooperate with other departments to solve technical problems on the Company's Maritime products
• Cooperate with other departments on operational issues
• Assist and execute tests on a new / unknown equipment in cooperation with other Departments of the
• Bachelor's Degree in Higher education in IT, Datacom or Telecom
• Fluent in English and preferably other international languages
• Preferably has good understanding of the satellite communications technology
• An in-depth knowledge of C-Band and Ku-Band VSAT satellite communications systems and Inmarsat
terminals would be an added advantage
• Possess good IT skills - IP and network but not limited to Network administration
• Demonstrates good technical knowledge and strong troubleshooting skills
• Able to learn and adapt to new issues and handle multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment
• A strong commitment to quality; and adherence to practices, procedures, and meeting deadlines is a must
• Experience from serving multi-national customers is also an added advantage
• Physically fit. Must be able to lift heavy equipment and climb into confined antenna spaces.
• Medically cleared and fit to work in an offshore / Maritime environment. Must be able to complete BOSIET
• Familiar with working in the marine electronics environment on cruise ships, yachts, and industrial vessels.
Main Attitude Competences
• Able to handle stress and able to work under time pressure
• Able to support and communicate with customers in a professional manner
• Team player with ability to independently solve all assigned tasks
• Complies with agreements
• Actively and continuously increase knowledge level by self-studying and trainings
• Knowledge sharing within the organization
• Customer oriented in reflection and action
• Flexible to perform other tasks outside the scope of his/her main role
• Capability to work worldwide, both independently and in cooperation with others under a high workload
• Must be flexible to work and travel varying schedules, including evening and weekends
• Positive and result oriented
• Problem solver, structured and systematic working methods
• Prioritize correctly under pressure
Do you have the experience in a similar role? Are you looking for your next challenge with an international organization with a job that allows you travel? Apply now to this vacancy with your updated CV