Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for welding repair work, flame cutting, modifications and fabrication on the drilling unit.
- Valid journeyperson welding certification
- 2+ years previous offshore experience
- 2+ years experience welding, fabricating and pipeworks
- Aluminum welding (tig) required and experience with duplex piping
- Basic computer skills
- Valid BOSIET
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Medical (USCG or OGUK)
- Valid Government Issued ID (Driver's License or Passport)
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Perform welding duties, including and preparation of site and materials as directed
- Carry out general fabrication and repair work that requires welding, torch cutting, brazing and burning operations as required
- Fabricate and fit equipment, structures, tools, etc.
- Inspect welded joints for visible defects, correct dimensions, bead formation, weld penetration and conformance to work order and layout specification
- Obtain a permit to work prior to the commencement of any electric welding, use of oxy-acetylene and grinding equipment
- Ensure that an adequate supply of consumables is available for welding operations
- Perform daily inspection and maintenance on welding equipment
- Assist with duties, other than welding when required, to ensure the safe and efficient running of operations
- Other duties as required
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer
Position Welder (Gulf of Mexico) Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: