Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
SUPERVISES: Assistant Driller, Derrickhand, Pumphand, Floorhand
JOB SUMMARY: Operate drilling equipment as instructed in the well program and Standing Instructions to Drill in a manner that complies with Company policies and procedures and the Driller's Key Responsibilities.
- Previous experience on an offshore drilling rig:
- Driller: 1+ year previous experience as a Driller
- Assistant Driller: 1+ years previous experience as an Assistant Driller
- Valid BOSIET
- Safe Gulf/Rig Pass
- Well Control - Driller Level
- Medical (USCG or OGUK)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Government issued ID (Driver's License or Passport)
- Knowledge of basic technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling equipment
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Operate all equipment at the Driller's console in a safe manner; maintain a clean, tidy, and hazard free condition on the drill floor and associated areas
- Monitor the well condition at all times (i.e. depth, mud weight, weight on bit). Recognize, interpret and respond to down hole conditions
- Perform drilling-related operations such as directional drilling, working stuck pipe, running and cementing casing strings, coring, fishing, and assisting in wireline logging, well testing, and other special operations
- Supervise and direct operations in the picking up or laying down of tubular and all drilling-related equipment
- Ensure that the solid control equipment and mud mixing operations are being monitored constantly
- Keep accurate records of fluid displacement when tubular are run in/pulled out of well
- Hold pre-tour meeting with the drilling crew for all drilling operations
- Secure the well during an emergency or well control situation; assist in the well-killing operations
- Supervise the lubrication and maintenance of all drilling and associated equipment
- Maintain equipment files, drilling logs and records; perform all technical calculations required to carry out drilling operations
- Assist during the running and retrieving of marine risers and BOP stack
- Other duties as required.
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Driller/Assistant Driller (Gulf of Mexico) Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: